posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default wind generators

It's called sh*t in the ears syndrome..... :-)

Or, in the case of people who think that *all* wind
generators are noisy & vibrate a lot, just because they are
only familiar with cheap old ones, it's "**** between the
ears syndrome."

Capt.Mooron wrote:
There were no less than 4 sailboats within 100 yards of me this year
equipped with wind gens.... I could hear a cricket fart at a hundred
feet.... never heard any sound form any of the wind gens. I did hear a lot
of stinkpots charging up their batteries.

You can't expect them to use the *wind* now can you?

Then again it's difficult to hear anything when the sound system is
cranked... the bass pulsing water from the hull , fish are floating upside
down suffering sonic shock, the genset and aux are on and I'm dancing buck
naked on the boat, swinging a bottle of rum and screaming "You're not the
Boss of Me!"
:-)

I guess that's one way to keep people from anchoring too close.

DSK