posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Default Capt. RB Buys a Kia

Frank wrote:

I hafta give Nutsy credit; he really does drive this ng. We (Yes, I'm
obviously guilty, too.) are responding to a thread about his Kia
minivan!

Why didn't you jump in on the thread about Scotty's toaster?

Oy vey!

In the interest of full disclosure, I love minivans. I've been a
minivan guy since the 60's when I bought a VW microbus. [Side note: The
paperwork on that sucker labelled it a "station wagon." Interesting.] I
kept that as my utility vehicle into the 90s. Over its long lifespan,
it carried me and all my belongings from New Orleans to Seattle. Made
many long distance camping trips. Carried several of the 1984 Ultima
Thule Everest expedition members up into the mountains for practice
climbs. Numberless ski trips. (Yeah, that pathetic heater made those
kinda chilly!) Hauled tons of crap back and forth from the house to the
boat in an endless procession of trips. Etc.

Cool vehicles, I've owned a series of Volkswagens including
the pickup version of the microbus. A Karmann Ghia too, but
that's a story for another day.

In '96 we sent Ol' Paint to that big VW graveyard in the sky and bought
a pickup. (RIP, big fella!) Pickups are great vehicles. Really useful.
But they ain't microbuses, err, I mean, minivans. So in 2000, we sold
the pickup and bought a Honda Odyssey. It's the VW bus of the third
millennium. I love it. We've just turned 100K miles and it's ready for
its first tuneup. It's on its third set of tires and is ready for a
second brake job. Aside from that, we had to have 'em degunk one of
those emission control valves recently; but that's it. Half those 100K
miles were spent towing; so we haven't exactly been gentle with it.
Minivans rule! But Kia... ?

Don't know enough about Kias to say, other than if Bubbles
gets one, it should be looked at with suspicion because he
is after all nuts. I'd go with Ol' Thom's minivan instead.

We're on our second minivan which is a '98 Ford Windstar
with towing package. Gets 25mpg on the hiway, about to turn
110k miles. It's basically used like a pickup truck most of
the time, all seats out & a layer of plywood with I/O carpet
tacked down inside. The dog rides inside with us and stuff
piled up in it doesn't get rained on or stolen. It's been an
excellent regatta wagon and boat-tower, also handy for
moving furniture once in a while. I still have the seats in
case we need to move people.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I hafta give Nutsy credit; he really does drive this ng.

Man, don't say that. It drives pinheads like Joe and Scotty out of
their macroscopic minds.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Good Luck Nutsy;

Hope your new Ride is a success for you and Susy and Thom!

New ride, my ass. I'd like to see the shoe horn that could
squeeze the "Big Fat Liar" into a KIA.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

New ride, my ass.

Yes, Sloco often refers to Scotty's ass as his "new ride."

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Mys Terry" wrote in message

There was nothing really wrong with the Edsel, other than the public
almost unanimously hated the odd styling.

. . . and the name. Edsel Ford might have been a fine name for a child
(yeah, right), but as a name for a car that the company presumed would be
marketable, it was a disaster.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
.
The best minivan is the Toyota Sienna AWD, Scotty. Second

snip

What are you telling me for? I'm knot a soccer Mom.

Jelious?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

You Could Be Right Scotty,

I never thought of that! It sure as hell could be a NUTSY TROLL!!!! He
sure as hell done that before ala Catalana at the boat show.

OK Nutsy; pictures of the Kia & Picture of the bill of sale, Picture of
it by the Non Sailing picture of the 35s5,

Scotty just raised the hackles on my back Is the whole thing BS; COULD
BE!!!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Yeah, Proved it! No Believe!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Oh come on Thom, give him some credit. Any loser can get a Kia. Every
bubble gum poppin 19 YO admin assitant in Houston races and swerves her
way to work every morning in trow away Kia's.

Now his 35s5 is the lie, he just brokered the deal for someone in the
marina.
I wonder if NY requires brokers to get a licences?

You know if it was his boat he would have posted motoring pictures, or
rock ramming damage by now.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

oups.com..
.
The best minivan is the Toyota Sienna AWD, Scotty.

Second
snip

What are you telling me for? I'm knot a soccer Mom.

Jelious?

Yulp.

SV