Jack Redington

Default Johnny Morris buys Crownline

You heard it hear first. The BassPro Shop king has purchased Crownline
Boats. Should be announced in a week or two.

Capt Jack R..

Jack Redington

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 00:08:52 GMT, Jack Redington
wrote:

You heard it hear first. The BassPro Shop king has purchased Crownline
Boats. Should be announced in a week or two.

curious - i wonder why? its not like he needs to expand his boating
line into another area.

Good question:

There is a Bass Pro shop just down the road from where I live in N.
Atlanta. One guy told me they would only be selling the larger Crownline
boats. Where they are going to put them I have no idea. Ubless they are
going to get rid of some of the Tahoe's..

Another guys said they will not be selling that at that location. I
wonder how this effects existing franchises. There is a dealer not all
that far away.

Capt Jack R..

Capt Jack R..

wrote:

You heard it hear first. The BassPro Shop king has purchased Crownline
Boats. Should be announced in a week or two.

curious - i wonder why? its not like he needs to expand his boating
line into another area.

Good question:

There is a Bass Pro shop just down the road from where I live in N.
Atlanta. One guy told me they would only be selling the larger Crownline
boats. Where they are going to put them I have no idea. Ubless they are
going to get rid of some of the Tahoe's..

Another guys said they will not be selling that at that location. I
wonder how this effects existing franchises. There is a dealer not all
that far away.

Capt Jack R..

Capt Jack R..

Damned parking lot in front is already half taken up by Tahoes and
pontoon boats!

Boots

Back in the '50 & '60's there was a boat built in Ill. by
Crownlin. Is this boat any part of them?? They were very
good boats by the way.
wrote in message
ups.com...

Boots wrote:
Back in the '50 & '60's there was a boat built in Ill. by
Crownlin. Is this boat any part of them?? They were very
good boats by the way.
wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

[...]

Hehehe Yea - that is what I thought too shortwave. :-)

To answer "Boots" question - I don't think that are connected directly
at least. Crownline is out of West Frankfort IL. but I think their first
year of production was 1992. When we purchased out first Crownline they
were a new and fairly unknown company just building their reputation.

Capt Jack R..

Jack Redington

Default Johnny Morris buys Crownline??? Says who?

wrote:
Jack Redington wrote:

You heard it hear first. The BassPro Shop king has purchased Crownline
Boats. Should be announced in a week or two.

Capt Jack R..

As of last week, our local Crownline dealer had not heard a word about
this.

Can you offer any substantiation?

I have to admit I would have thought it would have been anounced by now. :-)

I was told this buy three different people at Bass Pro shop when I went
there to see about trading my 95 210ccr in on a Pontoonboat. When I was
getting some numbers from a guy the first time there, I asked if they
did trades. He said only on boat brands that they sell. He asked "what
do ya got?" Thus I replied a 1995 Crownline 210ccr. So I figured at that
time we were done talking trades. But he kept the conversation going by
asking what type of drive does it have. - Ok Mercury 5.0lx. At that
point he said they had just gotten word that Crownline was being
purchased by Johnny Morris boat group (which is a separate business then
Bass Pro) And they would be selling the larger Crownlines at the GA
center. And to bring it in, and he gave me a new contact to have the
boat looked over.

The guy that looked the boat over that weekend said they had indeed
aquired Crownline, but it had not been announced. They thought my boat
was in excellent shape for it age. But they would not be intrested in a
10 year old boat.

I ended up working a deal I liked on, a boat I liked better then the
Tracker at a smaller boat dealership.

I figure it will be a matter of time before it is announced.

Capt Jack R..