posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

Default Disappointed - Capt. Rob didn't show

I told the Gumtree race organizers that the self proclaimed fastest
man on alt. sailing.asa might show for our 10K last Saturday and they
were excited. Capt. Rob, added to several Kenyan men and Russian
women would really highlight the race.

Told them to be on the lookout for a B9 Tribeca, New York plates, that
would probably be loaded down with the most expensive sound and camera
equipment available in the world.

Imagine our disappointment when he didn't show. The Russian women
didn't show either, wonder if they were together.

Oh well, we had a good race anyway. I was happy with my 50:16
official gun time (7 seconds less for presttart position to line for
real time). My youngest son was 15th overall (of 600) with a 36:58,
no elapsed time for him, he was on the line with the Kenyans and other
elite runners.

Maybe next year........

Frank

Show Skiing in Wisconsin Bryan General 0 March 5th 06 07:39 PM
Titanic show reminder. Roger Long Cruising 18 February 27th 06 08:37 AM
New dates for the Seattle Boat Show [email protected] General 7 December 21st 05 11:45 AM
Seahawks 17, Boat Show 0 ?? [email protected] General 0 November 16th 05 05:16 AM