Default New dates for the Seattle Boat Show

The largest boat show on the west coast (when the indoor and outdoor
venues are combined) has been officially bumped by the best football
team in the NFC. The Seattle Seahawks are in the playoffs, (who'd a
thunk it?) and will be using Qwest Field for post season play in
mid-January.

Originally scheduled for January 13-22, the Seattle Boat Show dates are
now January 6-14.
The show will absolutely begin on January 6, but may be forced to
conclude at the close of business on Friday, January 13 if the NFL
schedules a playoff game for Saturday, January 14.

The floating portion of the event, the Lake Union Boats Afloat Show,
will continue through the entire weekend of January 14-15 without
possible amendment for football playoff activity.

(Go Seahawks! My son and I will be at the Seahawks/Colts game on
Saturday. Whoever would have imagined, when we bought the tickets last
summer, that this *might* be a preview of the Superbowl? Still a lot of
football to play, but could this finally be the year of the Seahawk?)

How many of us can you put up?
--
John H

Did you leave off "with"? :-)

Seriously, if you're coming out for the boat show (or the playoffs) I
don't have a spare room to offer you but I would insist that you let me
buy you dinner in one of the lesser known, but extremely memorable
Seattle restaurants. Standing offer for just about anybody that makes
it out to the soggy Pac NW.

JohnH wrote:
On 20 Dec 2005 17:14:42 -0800, wrote:

How many of us can you put up?
--
John H

Did you leave off "with"? :-)

Seriously, if you're coming out for the boat show (or the playoffs) I
don't have a spare room to offer you but I would insist that you let me
buy you dinner in one of the lesser known, but extremely memorable
Seattle restaurants. Standing offer for just about anybody that makes
it out to the soggy Pac NW.

Speaking of Seattle restaurants, my mother was the 'head chef' at one of the more famous downtown
landmarks for about 20 years. She retired about 1990 (I think, may have been sooner). Whenever I
visited she would sneak a couple Reuben sandwiches home in her purse.

The restaurant - The Dog House.

Ever been there?
--
John H

Yes indeed.

The Dog House, in the Denney regrade area north of the main business
district and south of the Seattle Center was one of those cheap-eats
places where folks would congregate after the bars closed.
It was also a popular lunch spot for surrounding businesses. The food
was plentiful, affordable, and good enough to keep a lot of dedicated
patrons coming back year after year. If you looked carefully, you could
sometimes catch a glimpse of well known musicians or actors eating
there.

Unfortunately, it is now Kaput- but I understand they have preserved
the old neon dog-house sign at the Seattle Museum of History and
Industry.

JohnH

On 20 Dec 2005 20:05:56 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 20 Dec 2005 17:14:42 -0800,
wrote:

How many of us can you put up?
--
[...]

Well, I hate to brag on my mom, but once she left the place went downhill pretty
fast. There was nothing 'gourmet' about the place, that's for sure,
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****