posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Capt. RB Buys a Kia

A KIA OMG cheap recycled coffee can exterior, self destruct engine, the

lowest form of rice burner..

Sounds like you know your cars, Joe! I can only wonder at my uncles
2003 Sedona that has never needed service, while my father's Caravan
required two steering assembys, a new harnass and the poor thing even
started to rust around the window frames after two years. The new
Sedona is getting RAVE reviews.
The kia is 5 year bumper to bumper 60K and 10 years 100K powertrain. I
don't pay for oil changes or a flat for the first 2 years.
America has been embarassed...1st by the Germans and Japanese and now
the Koreans. What's next, a British car that's better than anything we
can build.
We did look at a loaded Caravan and when I pulled the tray out it fell
off. Suzanne's seat wouldn't adjust and they couldn't get the power
door to open and this was in the showroom. They blamed heavy traffic on
the car, but it sure didn't look it.
Kia put in our autostart today....and the little Garmin nav is slick.
If Ford were alive he'd kill himself out of pure shame for what's
happened in this country....but thank god for the Japanese, Germans and
Koreans...people who take pride in what they build.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I aim for sucesss, perfection is to small a target.

In minivans it's an easy target. For the last few years the Toyota
Sienna has been the absolute leader in quality and customer
satisfaction for minivans. The Sedona is brand new, so we'll see. The
Honda is also pretty good. All are better than ANY from the big three
without question. Even the old Sedona, which was only a so-so car was
better reviewed than any US models.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just shoot me.

Who'd waste the bullet?

I'll pay for it. In advance . . .

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
The best minivan is the Toyota Sienna AWD, Scotty. Second best is a
tossup between the Honda and Sedona.

Once again you've believed what you *want* to believe, not what may or may
not be fact. One or two published sources don't constitute the gospel about
anything. Hell, the Sedona may be the best damn vehicle on the face of the
Earth, according to a given publication, but that doesn't make it so.

Did you drive the Toyota and the Honda before you bought the Kia? Of course
not. The Kia is cheaper and since you were able to find some published data
that supports what you want to believe, that was sufficient.

The Honda has many many reported
problems. We'll have to see how the Sedona does. We brought the new car
back to Kia service today to have the remote starter and GPS NAV added
(Both thrown in with the deal). While we were there they double checked
everything and didn't like how one of the folding seats was working, so
they adjusted that as well. Everything took about 90 minutes, which is
about the shortest time I ever waited for auto service. We're pretty
impressed.

As for the hybrid idea...we still want to get one, but will wait to see
if more AWD based versions arrive soon.

The Toyota Highlander 4wd is the best hybrid available today. Too expensive
for ya?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Please move to Japan, Germany, or Korea....

What have you made that you take pride in?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message

By the way Nutsy, I have a Windstar with 81,000 miles. Only had to
replace Tires, brakes and a fuel pump.

Good Lord, Thom, don't you have lemon laws out there. I'd have taken that
loser back pronto. g

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

At this point if someone gave me a FREE American car I'd trade it for a
Kia Spectra or Toyota Echo in a heartbeat.

Just a few days ago you were telling me you couldn't fit comfortably in an
Echo. So what has changed? Your height?

Incidentally the Echo has been replaced by the Yaris.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
The best minivan is the Toyota Sienna AWD, Scotty. Second

snip

What are you telling me for? I'm knot a soccer Mom.

Bwahahahahahahahahah

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Soccer Mom....Bwahahahahahahhahahahahaha ROTFLMAO..

Roberts got a suit that fits to the tee!

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Yeah Max,

The Fuel pump and fuel pump solenoid were covered by Warranty

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage