Nav

Overproof wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Yeah but everyone I know that has a Tablet unit... still has basically
the
same issues with it.

Well, I tend to try things out for myself. If you've tried a recent 500
dollar
tablet on a modern system, fine.
If you havent.....

Odd isn't it... the first one I bought was $1400 Cdn. In answer to your
question... I don't know what my brother paid for them but that price seems
reasonable... and yes I tried them on my P4.

Was the tablet you tried pressure sensitive?

Cheers

Nav

Overproof wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

For what?

Photo Editing.... and general mousing.

I'm pretty pleased with my stock optical mice....

You should give this new technology a serious look... it's not an "optical"
mouse.

Try this

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20040924/

Not optical?

Bwhahahhahaha

Cheers

Overproof

"Nav" wrote in message

Like I said, it's NOT software! .

No you didn't!

Furthermore Pantone is comprised of pre defined colors, not a very limited
set of inks for retouching

Duh! Thanks for pointing out the obvious once more Nav.... WTF are you on
now.... is it hard drugs or are your brains rattled from repeated humping
of a sack'o'bones?

CM

Overproof

"Nav" wrote in message
Why would anyone want to beat you up... is that why you sleep with guns
and knives by your bed?

No.. I'm one of those people who sleep deep and wake in a truculent
state.... unless left to my own sleep durations. If you're gonna get up
fast and violent... you may as well be armed to the teeth! I'm not a touchy
feely kinda person....

Let's see... the last fight I was in was last winter at the Boiler Room Bar
in Norman Wells.... .

When was your last fight Nav?

CM

Overproof

"Nav" wrote in message
Uh ho. Fighting talk.

Quick like a bunny Nav... grab your skirt and a wig... the girls are
cowering over in the corner... you should be safe with them if you stay way
in the back....

CM

Overproof

"Nav" wrote in message

You can't do careful retouch work with a mouse efficiently. The pen is a
much better interface for that.

Nav... you're an idiot..... I can do complex digitized illustrations
with a my optical mouse.
I've done them for years.....

Try rereading my post and then you can aplogise for the ad hominem...

You are correct that the pen is better... you stand corrected that the
retouch can't be done with a mouse.... my apologies.

CM

Overproof

"Nav" wrote in message

Was the tablet you tried pressure sensitive?

Cheers

Yes it was I believe... it was quite a while ago. The back of the pen acted
like an "eraser".... the current models can be programmed for smear, blur,
blend or smudge effects as well.

Back then... I bought the largest wacom tablet and 2 pens. Mind you... I had
visions of writing and free hand sketching that the computer and tablet
could not deliver. It's still not a device to replace the mouse for 90% of
the graphics based work involved in the commercial aspect of advertising,
photo retouching and design. It's not usually used with AutoCAD either.

CM

Overproof

"Nav" wrote in message

Not optical?

Oh look... I think you missed a nit!

CM

Nav

Overproof wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20040924/

That's still an optical Mouse. I'll try one soon.

Yeah technically... but it's Laser as opposed to LED....

I really like the one I have.....

Still, 600 dpi is pretty standard for optical mice.

Cheers