Bobsprit

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20040924/

That's still an optical Mouse. I'll try one soon.

RB
Overproof

wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:18:41 GMT, "Overproof"
wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
For what?

Photo Editing.... and general mousing.

I'm pretty pleased with my stock optical mice....

You should give this new technology a serious look... it's not an
"optical"
mouse.

It's still an optical mouse. It just uses a more focused LED.

It does sound like a good unit though. The battery life is a lot
better than what I'm used to. Also be aware that it's only usable for
right handed folks. I may get one and give it a try.

Let me know what you think..... I found it to be the best mouse I've used.
I had the MX 700... this is much better both in precision and function.

Overproof

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20040924/

That's still an optical Mouse. I'll try one soon.

Yeah technically... but it's Laser as opposed to LED....

I really like the one I have.....

CM

Nav

Overproof wrote:
"Nav" wrote in message

Overproof wrote:

"Nav" wrote in message

Pen and tablet??? where do you get these lame ideas.... that stuff is
10 years old.
Spotone.... you mean the industry standard of Pantone?

And you claim to be a professional?

Bwhahahhahahaha

Cheers

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaa.... ya didn't read that last one through did ya?

Yes I did an NO professional would think a software reference referred to
a spot color system

Bwahahhahahaha

Cheers

Do you understand how stupid you look right now Nav??

The spotone Bob referred to is not software.... and neither is Pantone.

spot colour system software... bwahahahahahahaaa.... what an imbecile!

Like I said, it's NOT software! Furthermore Pantone is comprised of pre
defined colors, not a very limited set of inks for retouching.

Bwhahahhahaha

Cheers

Nav

Overproof wrote:

"Nav" wrote in message

Overproof wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Wacom.... big deal. I thought you had some fancy rig I wasn't aware of
yet... that's like providing a link to a MicroSoft Mouse.

It's cool to flip the pen and erase what you've just entered though!

That tablet is far more capable than any you've used. You simply are out
of the
loop. This is a very common tool. If you tried one you'd buy it. I plan
to.

My bro bought 2 new Wacoms this spring.... big deal... I've used tablets
for years... their use is limited... it won't replace the mouse.... I
currently use the Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse. That's a nice unit....

You can't do careful retouch work with a mouse efficiently. The pen is a
much better interface for that.

Nav... you're an idiot..... I can do complex digitized illustrations with a
my optical mouse.
I've done them for years.....

Try rereading my post and then you can aplogise for the ad hominem...

Cheers

Nav

Overproof wrote:

"Nav" wrote in message

Why do you think you need 128 megs video memory to edit a still picture on
the screen?

Cheers

Need... naw.... want...yeah. I can edit with my 8 megs of video on the
laptop. It takes about 6 times longer than my "main frame"... or desk top
unit as you prefer to refer to it.

And you think that's due to having 128 megs of VIDEO memory? You know
nothing about computers.

Cheers

For a quality usenet news server, try DNEWS, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. For home servers or carrier class
installations with millions of users it will allow you to grow!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dnews.htm ----
Nav

Uh ho. Fighting talk.

Cheers

Overproof wrote:

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

I'm getting sick and tired of idiots posting about a dozen posts
consisting of a word or two on the same topic.

Aw-w-w-w-w-w-w.... Gee Whiz.... are you really????
Ain't that a darn shame...

It is a stupid, rude and crass thing to do. Get your act together
and combine your useless crap into one post before I come
up there and put a fist into your rotten teeth so as to knock
the two or three that remain out lick so many chicklets.

Bwahahahahahahaaa....

Wo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o....I'm so scared! I'm being threatened by a
Stringbean!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Take your childish postings to e-mail.

NO! What are ya gonna do about it tough guy? Plonk Me???
Bwahahahahahahaaa!!!

CM

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------
For a secure high performance FTP using SSL/TLS encryption
upgrade to SurgeFTP
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgeftp.htm ----
Nav

Why would anyone want to beat you up... is that why you sleep with guns
and knives by your bed?

Cheers

Overproof wrote:

Aw Crap! I thought you might be boarding a plane to fly up here and try to
beat me up!! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaa......

You sounded just like a whacked out Ganz on that post... except that Ganz
showed more self control and way less emotional.... how female of you
Neal!!

What happened... did the estrogen shots kick in?

CM

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

I don't PLONK wimps.

PLINK!

CN

"Overproof" wrote in message

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

I'm getting sick and tired of idiots posting about a dozen posts
consisting of a word or two on the same topic.

Aw-w-w-w-w-w-w.... Gee Whiz.... are you really????
Ain't that a darn shame...

It is a stupid, rude and crass thing to do. Get your act together
and combine your useless crap into one post before I come
up there and put a fist into your rotten teeth so as to knock
the two or three that remain out lick so many chicklets.

Bwahahahahahahaaa....

Wo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o....I'm so scared! I'm being threatened by a
Stringbean!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Take your childish postings to e-mail.

NO! What are ya gonna do about it tough guy? Plonk Me???
Bwahahahahahahaaa!!!

CM

Nav

Overproof wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

You can work faster with a tablet, and FAR more comfortably. You don't use
one,
so you don't know.

I can't agree with your premise that they are more comfortable ... nor that
they are faster.

I've used tablets Bob...... can you clarify if your claim is that they are
more accurate, or more ergonomic? I bought mine over 8 years ago.... I had
expectations that were not met. I doubt it was the pen and tablet and more
likely the ability of the computer to handle the input, despite having the
latest and best unit available at the time.

When I used the tablet it was for freehand design... on that point they have
an advantage over mice or trackballs.

Holy backpedal!

I'm not saying they are useless by any means.... just that they have a
narrow field of use in which they excel.

Wow, two backpedal gears!

Cheers

Nav

Overproof wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

That's a tough one. I'm guessing that your old reels are regular or super
8.
They probably ran at 24 FPS, but some were at 18 FPS as well. For a proper
conversion, you'd have to pay to get them digitized with what is
essentailly a
arial optical printer. Expensive. A pal conversion to 25FPS might ease the
pain. Of course lots of places will do 8mm to video conversions for cheap,
but
quality is often poor. What have you looked into thus far?

The idea came to light when I received a letter from a private entrepreneur
that claimed he could transfer old 8mm movies and other media to digital for
a price. He was asking $400 for the list I sent him which included about 6
reels of old cartoon footage and 6 reels of movies of the family in Africa
and Europe.

I have an old projector and one of those portable screens that unroll. I'm
wondering if it would be possible to record the movie on a digital camera
positioned adjacent to the projector? Run the movie and record it? Not sure
if it would work. Frame by frame copy would be extremely time intensive.

I'd like to get this done before the film stock deteriorates any further.
So far it seems all in good shape. Keep in cool, dry, dark storage. It's
footage shot in 1950 thru 1959. The cartoons are from the same era.

Completely dry may not be a good idea. Also, make sure you let the tin
contents come up to room temperature before you open it.

Cheers