Overproof

why in God's name would you dilute good alcohol??

CM

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
Grain alcohol and rainwater for me!

Amen!

Peace on earth!

Purity of essence!

Bob Crantz

"Overproof" wrote in message
Although I can concur on your previously stated opinion regarding
personal
tastes in beer, and I'll admit, as I have in the past, that I have not
sampled more than the commercial variety offered by your nation.... but,
I'll have to disagree with your premise on alcohol content. I normally

drink
a beer that is 7.5% alcohol. It's a fine tasting brew and has a nice
slightly bitter after taste. Now I don't consider a beer to be strong

unless
it approaches 9 %. The typical 4.5% offered by American beers is not
considered an alcoholic beverage up here... it's barely palatable if

served
very cold and you can consume it all day in great quantities without
suffering any intoxication.

The true test of a beer is if it is still enjoyable at room temperature.
don't personally like Ice cold beer unless it's a very hot day.

My current alcohol tolerance as tested by the local constabulary with a
breathalyzer is below the 0.5 PPM reading after 8 of my usual brews

within
4 hours.

When I want to get drunk... I really have to turn to 151 proof rum or
the
Alcool offered in Quebec that clocks in at 96%

CM

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
What the beer drinkers of other countries beside the
good ole USA don't seem to realize is that more is not
necessarily better.

More alcohol in beer is definitely not better. If I
want a bunch of alcohol, I'll drink Jack Black on
the rocks.

When I drink beer, I want to be able to drink a whole
bunch of beer without getting drunk nor do I want to
taste a bunch of heavy alcohol which ruins the fine
taste of hops and barley and malt.

Beer over five percent alcohol is not real beer at all
in this sailor's opinion. It is an alcoholic's idea of beer.

CN

"Michael" wrote in message
That's cause Canadians have this born to it, built in disdain for
anything
not made in Canada. At one time US beer was known for being weak and
insipid, Snipped remainder

Overproof

"John Cairns" wrote in message

You guys are behind the times out in the boonies. Brewer's Retail has been
carrying American brands for decades.

Oh yeah... we can get the usual Bud & Coors here too.... except nobody buys
it, so there are only about 2 six-packs of each stuck in the back of the
coolers.

CM

Horvath

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:42:03 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

I never liked it. Anchor Steam is what I like, but I'm not a big beer
drinker.

Michael Jackson's favorite beer is also Anchor Steam. is that the
official beer of you gays?

Horvath

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 19:30:16 -0500, Capt. Neal®
wrote this crap:

What the beer drinkers of other countries beside the
good ole USA don't seem to realize is that more is not
necessarily better.

More alcohol in beer is definitely not better. If I
want a bunch of alcohol, I'll drink Jack Black on
the rocks.

When I drink beer, I want to be able to drink a whole
bunch of beer without getting drunk nor do I want to
taste a bunch of heavy alcohol which ruins the fine
taste of hops and barley and malt.

Beer over five percent alcohol is not real beer at all
in this sailor's opinion. It is an alcoholic's idea of beer.

CN

Wuss. I add vodka or rum to my beer, this is called "grog." Real
sailors drink grog.

Jonathan Ganz

wrote this crap:

I never liked it. Anchor Steam is what I like, but I'm not a big beer
drinker.

Michael Jackson's my favorite gay?

Jonathan Ganz

"Horvath" wrote in message
I'm a Wuss.

Scout

CM
whose advice was it? I drank it only because it was free.
But here's the drink I prefer: 1 shot each - rum, tequila, vodka, gin,
triple sec.
2 or 3 ice cubes. Mix it all up in a glass.
Scout

"Overproof" wrote
Okay... I decided to take the advise and try Samuel Adams Beer....

Scout

Granted. But don't get tooooo cocky, I've tried vegemite, lol.
Dear God!
Scout

OzOne wrote in message ...

CM, I have at home here somewhere, the gayest San Adams headband that
I won for coming 3rd in a boatrace at Vail many years ago.
A Yank won and IIRC a Kanook was 2nd..they were the only ones who
could scull tha Adams and keep it down.

I can let you have it if you want ;-)

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:35:58 GMT, "Overproof"
scribbled thusly:

Okay... I decided to take the advise and try Samuel Adams Beer.... so
off
I went to the specialty beer store.... nope ... they don't stock it.. no
requests. They told me to try the local provincial Liquor Store. There I
am
in the Import Beer section... there are shelves and shelves of brews...
labeled by region and country. Mexican, European, British, Brazilian,
Australian etc.... I mean most everybody and nation on the planet was
there..... guess which one was conspicuous in their absence.... you got
it... the USA!!!

So I asked the manager if they had any American Beer.... He started
laughing out loud! I kept looking at him in all seriousness... this
caused a pregnant pause and a reply of .... "Oh! you're Serious??"

I explained to him that I had been referred to try this brew by some
Yankees
who had enough of me slagging their brewing abilities. He looked at me
sternly and replied... " Well you tell those good ole boys we had a shelf
of
American Beers.... Samuel Adams included... we sold 3 six packs and the
rest went stale on the shelf..... So we dumped the lot and refused to
order anymore until they learn to brew decent beer" Well... we both had
good laugh and I still haven't found that Samuel Adams that they couldn't
pawn off to the drunks up here.... even on a half price sale???

What's Up with Dat???

CM

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Capt. Neal®

wrote this crap:

What the beer drinkers of other countries beside the
good ole USA don't seem to realize is that more is not
necessarily better.

More alcohol in beer is definitely not better. If I
want a bunch of alcohol, I'll drink Jack Black on
the rocks.

When I drink beer, I want to be able to drink a whole
bunch of beer without getting drunk nor do I want to
taste a bunch of heavy alcohol which ruins the fine
taste of hops and barley and malt.

Beer over five percent alcohol is not real beer at all
in this sailor's opinion. It is an alcoholic's idea of beer.

CN

Wuss. I add vodka or rum to my beer, this is called "grog." Real
sailors drink grog.

Like I said - an alcoholic's idea of beer!

CN