Joe Parsons

Default Article: Bikinis, Beer, Bodies (Welcome to the Delta!)

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:59:38 GMT, wrote:

Joe Parsons wrote:

: We were at 3 River Reach, near Mandeville (good fireworks, courtesy of the
: Hiltons). It was quite congested at 3 River, although nothing at all like
: Mandeville. Some people were trying to save raftup space for 5 or 6 boats; the

(Mendeville stuff deleted)

Yes, Mendeville Cut on July 4th is a circus but that is no suprise to you
I'm sure.

For those not from the area, Baron Hilton usually puts on a fireworks show
at that location (free). Boaters raft up and anchor for the event and
usually party and stay overnight. Anything goes on this event it seems.

I even saw some guy with a mini sea plane out there a couple of years ago.

There were THREE of them out over the weekend! I gotta GET me one of them!

About the same price as a PWC.

I'd say this is the biggest event of the year on the Sacramento Delta.

From what I hear, it's the biggest gathering of pleasure boats on the west
coast.

Joe Parsons

b.

Was out there again last Saturday but launched at Miller Park and went
upstream. To Knight's Landing and beyond. Stopped by "Swaby's" near
the Alamar Marina. Great fun place. Lawn with shade trees and great live
music. My first time there and I'll go back again. What a blast!

Also hung out on one of the sand beaches upstream of Knight's. People
threw their garbage all over the beach (mostly beercans and a few
diapers). Friends and I loaded up a bag of garbage and hauled it out.

Some people amaze me. I don't know what went wrong in their childhood
that caused them to leave their crap behind like that.

Anyway, had a great day. It was about 103 degrees and frequent "man overboard"
exercises kept us cool.

barry