JAXAshby

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

For half of $30k one can buy a lot of fine, fine, fine used 26 foot sailboats.

the word "horrendous" is normally used not in the context of absolute dollars,
but rather in the context of what one gets for the dollars.

What you get for your money is a brand new Mac 26.

Is Mac the only choice for those who wish a 26 foot boat bought brand new?

That's not very expensive for either a new boat
or a new camper trailer in that size range. But maybe $30K is a horrendous
lot
of money to you, Jax?

DSK

JAXAshby

hey **** for brains, why , oh why would you have water ballist in for motoring?

Why?

JAX

wrote this crap...

Also note that the claimed speed of 24 MPH is with a 50 HP motor, one
person aboard, no water ballast,

Bobsprit

No. I'm offended by the people on the boat, when they usually
show obvious signs of not having a clue, and end up sailing (motoring)
too close or trying to come into a slip at 3 kts.

The true question is...would ANY sailor with ANY real sailing under his/her
belt consider a Mac26?
I've met a few and NONE had a clue about power or sail. I believe that's the
Mac target market.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

Yeah, that's probably right. A few people buy them who don't know
anything about sailing, then learn how to sail on them, actually become
proficient, then either make do or get something else.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
No. I'm offended by the people on the boat, when they usually
show obvious signs of not having a clue, and end up sailing (motoring)
too close or trying to come into a slip at 3 kts.

The true question is...would ANY sailor with ANY real sailing under

his/her
belt consider a Mac26?
I've met a few and NONE had a clue about power or sail. I believe that's

the
Mac target market.

RB

Scott Vernon

"Bobsprit" wrote ...
I believe that's the
Mac target market.

You just figured this out now?

Jonathan Ganz

Actually, that's a good question. There was a MacX in the Oakland
estuary a number of years ago. The guy emptied the ballist in preparation
for putting it on his trailer. Unfortunately, he was a bit slow, and a big
wake knocked it over... or so I'm told.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
om...
hey **** for brains, why , oh why would you have water ballist in for

motoring?

Why?

JAX

wrote this crap...

Also note that the claimed speed of 24 MPH is with a 50 HP motor, one
person aboard, no water ballast,

JAXAshby

Is this another math problem?

no, it was a @posting.google.com in the ID line problem.

plonk @posting.google.com and the number of screen names on the ng drops by 10
or 15, while the number of posts drops by about half.

. com...