Jonathan Ganz

Default No Sailors!

Then why do you stick around? Seems to me that you're looking
for a different group. I say go for it. Do let us know when you
find it.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Defeat in what? Is there a form of contest going on here?

You certainly act as if there is a contest.

Not at all. As much as I have hoped otherwise, there has never been any

contest
here. Perhaps if I could find a group where people actually sail their

boats, a
bit of friendly competition might arise, but not among this sorry group of
lubbers!

Capt RB
Always the Winner!

Martin Baxter

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Defeat in what? Is there a form of contest going on here?

You certainly act as if there is a contest.

Not at all. As much as I have hoped otherwise, there has never been any

contest
here. Perhaps if I could find a group where people actually sail their

boats, a
bit of friendly competition might arise, but not among this sorry group of
lubbers!

Capt RB
Always the Winner!

The only competition of Boobsy's caliber is going to found at the local
day care, and there's probably
already been an injunction issued barring him from being within 100
yards of such facilities.

Cheers
Marty
The_navigator©

Troll troll troll ya boat
gently down the stream
Yaka yaka yaka yaka
Your life is but a dream

Cheers MC

Bobsprit wrote:

Not at all. As much as I have hoped otherwise, there has never been any contest
here. Perhaps if I could find a group where people actually sail their boats, a
bit of friendly competition might arise, but not among this sorry group of
lubbers!

Capt RB
Always the Winner!

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Defeat in what? Is there a form of contest going on here?

You certainly act as if there is a contest.

Not at all. As much as I have hoped otherwise, there has never been any

contest
here.

Why have you "hoped otherwise"?

Perhaps if I could find a group where people actually sail their boats, a
bit of friendly competition might arise, but not among this sorry group of
lubbers!

AhhhhhHHH! Now I understand! You would like to think that you "actually
sail " your boat.

Your anger and pathos can be explained by the fact that you never manage to
sail more than 3 miles from the shore in an old cheap boat that you do not
even own.

I'm sure that every decent person on this ng will agree with me when I say
"You win".

Well done.

Regards

Donal (Never claims victory. Has no need to.)

katysails

Perhaps if I could find a group where people actually sail their boats,=20

We belong to a group like that. It's called the Muskegon Yacht Club. I =
have heard that there are yacht clubs in NY. Maybe one of them will be =
cheap enough to allow you in.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

DSK

Now, Nutsy, this isn't my feeling alone

SAIL LOCO wrote:
Ditto!

Yep. Bubbles is nuts!

Lady Pilot

Maybe she just wants to hurry him on his way for the day...

LP ;-)

"katysails" wrote in message

Does your wife know you are as fast as a speeding bullet?

His wife serves him tea in bed EVERY morning....he must have some
saving grace....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should
relax

DSK

(Bobsprit) wrote:
...... I'm one of the only people
here who posts pics of his boat sailing.

Wrong. But then, what did you expect from Bubbles?

.... In fact most of
the people here probably sail every few weekends and that's it. For the most
part, NO ONE here has been absent from the group long enough to claim any
voyage much more significant than my short 3 or 4 day trips.

When have you gone for a 4 day trip? Oh, don't bother... we all know that you will
of course brag about lots of fantasy trips, but that in reality you can't keep
yourself away from MacDonalds for more than 10 hours....

In addition, next summer we'll be starting off with a trip to Martha's
Vineyard, a reasonably long stint. There will be pics to "back it up."
Most of you are pretenders. Some won't even post pics of your boats, even
within friendly discourse! What's that about!?

Ahem. I recently took a two week trip (three actually, but one was spent sitting in
the same place) that covered about 500 miles, and returned. Posted pics too.

http://community.webshots.com/album/93684773IwAbxX

As everybody saw and many commented (thanks, you all).

Bubbles, as Horvath would say, you're a dumbass. Oh yeah, and you're nuts too.

wrote:
BB - just returned on the afternoon of 10/18 from a cruise that began the
morning of 10/10. Mystic, Newport, Fishers Island, Block Island, Montauk, PJ,
etc, etc, etc.

Had they taken up the moorings yet? Please tell us about the cruise. Did you stop at
Cuttyhunk?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King