Jonathan Ganz

Default No Sailors!

Sorry, but Bob wins! He was able to do this all from the
comfort of his Baraclounger.

wrote in message
On 14 Oct 2003 23:32:54 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

While there are a fair # of blowhards in this NG, most
of them can back up a large percentage of what they boast about,

Them above is probably the dumbest statement yet. I'm one of the only

people
here who posts pics of his boat sailing. No matter that it's short local

sails.
That will change soon.
The POINT is that we sail often. Very often. Even if we can squeeze in

just two
or three hours like last night. We love to sail.
I see very few people here doing the same and "backing it up." In fact

most of
the people here probably sail every few weekends and that's it. For the

most
part, NO ONE here has been absent from the group long enough to claim any
voyage much more significant than my short 3 or 4 day trips.
In addition, next summer we'll be starting off with a trip to Martha's
Vineyard, a reasonably long stint. There will be pics to "back it up."
Most of you are pretenders. Some won't even post pics of your boats, even
within friendly discourse! What's that about!?
Face it. I'm no professional sailor, but I'm more honest than most of the
frauds that populate this NG!
And that's a fact!

Hooooh ahhhh!

RB

BB - just returned on the afternoon of 10/18 from a cruise that began the
morning of 10/10. Mystic, Newport, Fishers Island, Block Island, Montauk,

PJ,
etc, etc, etc.