The_navigator©

Default No Sailors!

Would it need our anger to make it sad and angry?

Cheers MC

Donal wrote:

"SkitchNYC" wrote in message

Bob, why do you keep calling Thom angry or sad? He doesn't appear to be

either

one.

Calling someone "angry" or "sad" seems to be Bobsprit's last refuge. It is
a truly graceless way of admitting defeat.

To be reduced to calling one's elders "sad and angry" is really quite sad.
Perhaps Bobsprit needs our support??

Regards

Donal

John Cairns

So, you consider yourself a "real" sailor like BS? You need to start reading
more of these posts. While there are a fair # of blowhards in this NG, most
of them can back up a large percentage of what they boast about, IMHO. Even
Neal. Last time I checked, needing 9 people to crew at 32' CRUISER is
absolutely pathetic. Living on the doorstep of the Atlantic and never having
sailed out of sight of land is INCREDIBLY pathetic. Boasting about your
sailing abilities under these circumstances indicates psychological problems
well beyond being a "sick puppy". Maybe I'm being overly judgmental, but
what qualifies you to give yourself the title of "real sailor" Give us a
brief rundown of your qualifications, then tell us why you think the
originator of this dreck should carry the same title.
John Cairns
"NH_/)_" wrote in message
news
That's because they spend their days posting in here trying to impress
everyone
with their over inflated ego's -- by slamming real sailors, I guess it

gets
them off.
got some sick puppies in this group that's for sure.

NH_/)_

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I'm making this single "return" post because I'm dissapointed in the

so-called
sailors around here and within this forum.

For the last couple of weeks we've been sailing, rain or shine and

getting
in
many night sails as well. This is a great time of the year and the wind

is
nearly constant and the heavy heat gone!
But what do I see? The regular gang of losers in here, posting away

while
they
should be sailing! Now, I understand that due to your 8-6 jobs, it's

tough
get out there, but why even bother to have a boat? This weekend we saw

VERY few
boats sailing on the Sound between Norwalk and Oyster bay (Sun) and

Saturday
was only a bit more active.
In the evenings we rarely see a sailboat, especially if temps are below

60.
Amazing and sad. Today I have a crew of 9 girls! The rest of you will be

home
watching the parade, I suppose.
You should all be deeply, deeply ashamed. Millions will be hungry today

and yet
you are graced to actually own a sailing yacht, be it modest or grand.

Yet
all
of you treat the poor vessels like cars! Wake up and smell your good

fortune
and GO SAILING!

Capt: Robert B. (Someone who actually sails!)
C&C 32
NY
http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/GHOSTGIRLS.html

Bobsprit

While there are a fair # of blowhards in this NG, most
of them can back up a large percentage of what they boast about,

Them above is probably the dumbest statement yet. I'm one of the only people
here who posts pics of his boat sailing. No matter that it's short local sails.
That will change soon.
The POINT is that we sail often. Very often. Even if we can squeeze in just two
or three hours like last night. We love to sail.
I see very few people here doing the same and "backing it up." In fact most of
the people here probably sail every few weekends and that's it. For the most
part, NO ONE here has been absent from the group long enough to claim any
voyage much more significant than my short 3 or 4 day trips.
In addition, next summer we'll be starting off with a trip to Martha's
Vineyard, a reasonably long stint. There will be pics to "back it up."
Most of you are pretenders. Some won't even post pics of your boats, even
within friendly discourse! What's that about!?
Face it. I'm no professional sailor, but I'm more honest than most of the
frauds that populate this NG!
And that's a fact!

Hooooh ahhhh!

RB
SkitchNYC

Can you see Thom? His tone is both nasty and frustrated. Even calling me
"Nutsy" with no apparent effection.
If he seeks to be injurious by way of linguitsical abuse, he won't triumph.

Talk about linguistical abuse! Please just put the keyboard down and slowly
back away.

Thom Stewart

Hey Nutsy,

I think it's great that you get to use you boat often. I think it's
great if it really makes you feel good. I'm just wondering if you could
get as much pleasure sailing without all your damn crowing and damning
other people without even a clue of how they sail.

A little trip around the Bay is a good enjoyable activity but it sure as
hell isn't headline news as you make it out to be.

When you do it over and over and over again I can't see how it doesn't
get on YOUR nerves. It sure as hell is BORING enough. So boring that so
many times I just don't open your posts. When I do open one, there is
the same old ****. I sailed to Oyster Bay and all you @%^ didn't.

Grow up, Baby Sailor Boy, Real sailor could care less if you have more
one hour trips than them. I don't give a **** if you sail in the dark.
Have Susy give you a hug and a kiss and tell you what a "Wonderful
Sailor Boy" you are. The ASA is sick and tired of being BORED with it.

Oh, and by the way, I'm also sick and tired of your posts of damning
other peoples vessels. Would it help if Donal mounted a "Step Ladder" on
the stern of his Benny?

Get some new songs, do something different to post about or just shut
the hell up. Write about it after you've done it. We're also damn tired
of reading your posts of plans that are never fulfilled

Now, Nutsy, this isn't my feeling alone. There where many posting about
the group being better without you. Try to fit into the group. I hope
you do but if you don't it will mean little difference to Ole Thom. I'll
only open your posts and replies occasionally from here on out to just
see if you are maturing

AND; "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!"

Here hoping you become an asset rather than a ass.

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

When you do it over and over and over again I can't see how it doesn't
get on YOUR nerves. It sure as hell is BORING enough.

Sorry again, Ole Thom...and quite sorry for you as well.
Simply nothing about sailing is boring to me. I'm happy the minute the sails
fill and it matters not where I'm actually sailing. I'm not out there to prove
anything or battle the elements or win a race or circle the globe. I just want
to sail. I love it, and so do a few others who understand what it's all about.
Maybe one day you'll get "there."

RB
SAIL LOCO

Now, Nutsy, this isn't my feeling alone

Ditto!

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Calling someone "angry" or "sad" seems to be Bobsprit's last refuge. It

is
a truly graceless way of admitting defeat.

Defeat in what? Is there a form of contest going on here?

You certainly act as if there is a contest.

Try doing a Google on "Bobsprit" and "you lose"!

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

Defeat in what? Is there a form of contest going on here?

You certainly act as if there is a contest.

Not at all. As much as I have hoped otherwise, there has never been any contest
here. Perhaps if I could find a group where people actually sail their boats, a
bit of friendly competition might arise, but not among this sorry group of
lubbers!

Capt RB
Always the Winner!