John Cairns

Default No Sailors!

So, you consider yourself a "real" sailor like BS? You need to start reading
more of these posts. While there are a fair # of blowhards in this NG, most
of them can back up a large percentage of what they boast about, IMHO. Even
Neal. Last time I checked, needing 9 people to crew at 32' CRUISER is
absolutely pathetic. Living on the doorstep of the Atlantic and never having
sailed out of sight of land is INCREDIBLY pathetic. Boasting about your
sailing abilities under these circumstances indicates psychological problems
well beyond being a "sick puppy". Maybe I'm being overly judgmental, but
what qualifies you to give yourself the title of "real sailor" Give us a
brief rundown of your qualifications, then tell us why you think the
originator of this dreck should carry the same title.
John Cairns
"NH_/)_" wrote in message
news
That's because they spend their days posting in here trying to impress
everyone
with their over inflated ego's -- by slamming real sailors, I guess it

gets
them off.
got some sick puppies in this group that's for sure.

NH_/)_

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I'm making this single "return" post because I'm dissapointed in the

so-called
sailors around here and within this forum.

For the last couple of weeks we've been sailing, rain or shine and

getting
in
many night sails as well. This is a great time of the year and the wind

is
nearly constant and the heavy heat gone!
But what do I see? The regular gang of losers in here, posting away

while
they
should be sailing! Now, I understand that due to your 8-6 jobs, it's

tough
get out there, but why even bother to have a boat? This weekend we saw

VERY few
boats sailing on the Sound between Norwalk and Oyster bay (Sun) and

Saturday
was only a bit more active.
In the evenings we rarely see a sailboat, especially if temps are below

60.
Amazing and sad. Today I have a crew of 9 girls! The rest of you will be

home
watching the parade, I suppose.
You should all be deeply, deeply ashamed. Millions will be hungry today

and yet
you are graced to actually own a sailing yacht, be it modest or grand.

Yet
all
of you treat the poor vessels like cars! Wake up and smell your good

fortune
and GO SAILING!

Capt: Robert B. (Someone who actually sails!)
C&C 32
NY
http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/GHOSTGIRLS.html