Jonathan Ganz

Default shopping pains

I would be willing to donate my share directly to Bushy.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
You're wrong. I never paid dime one in unemployment
insurance payments. The companies I worked for were
required by law to pay them. I know what you are gonna
say. You're gonna claim I would have earned a bigger
paycheck if the company did not have to pay unemployment
insurance premiums. I maintain that is NOT the case. The
companies would simply have pocketed the extra profit.

Besides, only fools view unemployment insurance as
something everyone who pays should collect. I've got
news for you, buddy, insurance only works when everybody
in a group pays and a few in a group collect. If everyone
collects his 'fair share' said fair share would not be enough
to pay the benefits people who really need it expect and
deserve. It was never meant to keep some lazy ******* in
beer and cigarettes. Instead of receiving 2/3rds of one's
normal paycheck one would receive more like 1/50th of it.
How some people ever got the idea that insurance
is some kind of magic bullet is hard to fathom. I guess
one can expect little more from a Canadian, at any rate.

S.Simon - actually knows how the system works.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

| S.Simon - never cashed an unemployment check in my life;
| never have and never will. I earn MY keep!

Discussed this with a Scottish buddy of mine... he boasted he'd never

been
on unemployment insurance and had never taken a check for it. I pointed

out
to him that considering the taxes he paid and the fact the unemployment
deduction was taken from his paychecks all thos years... it would be
tantamount to refusing to take an insurance payment on your car that

someone
else ran into and wrecked because you were to proud .... just Plain

Stupid!

Try not paying a portion of the income Tax and see if your government is

too
"Proud" to take you to court and seize your money/assets.

Your line of thinking is illogical.

CM

Jeff Morris

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

Income taxes can be avoided completely by keeping
income below 15K per year. One can live like a king
on a sailboat in the Bahamas for less than 15K a year.

You had better check that again - although you might not owe any taxes, you have to file
if you earned over $7700.-

And you've made vague claims of a pension - I thought one needed at least 20 years for a
federal pension - or did you get a disability?

Simple Simon

Ten years only needed - State of Floida pension plan.
In spite of rumors to the contrary I never worked for
the USPS.

I made no income money last year so I didn't have to file
any stinkin' federal income tax form. I won't collect any
pension or Social Security for about six more years.

S.Simon - no longer supports the bloated federal bureaucracy

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message ...
And you've made vague claims of a pension - I thought one needed at least 20 years for a
federal pension - or did you get a disability?

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
My boat is paid for from day one and has crossed oceans.

Can you make the same claims for your pretend vessel?

Sure, I can make the same "claims." The diff is that I'm honest about my

short
journey's

You're only honest about your short journeys???? So you admit that you lie
about the longer ones (eg - over 3 miles)?

TAAaa DAAAAaaaa! Busted!..... Again!

Regards

Donal

DSK

"Capt.American" wrote:

...I also like the line "you better be able to release your mainsheet in
an instant."

So True, and the real danger of a cat.

What? Needing to pay attention to the sails is "real danger?" You've been sailing that cow
barn too long, we realize that sail trim makes no difference to such a heavyweight, but most
of us have sailboats in order to SAIL.

SO.......If you value your life stay away from cats, unless your just
a weekend warrior in the local bay or lake with someone looking out
4U.

Hmm, comsidering how many cats have made passages to Hawaii, your main claim to fame, this
doesn't come over too well CA. Maybe you should consider backing off....

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
... waste away in an upside down multihull adrift till they
starve or die of exposure.

Jeff Morris wrote:
You keep claiming cruising cats capsize. They don't. Maybe its happened 5 times in the
last 50 years. I'd say its a fair guess that more Coronado's have sunk in the same
period.

Nah, Coronados rot away at their moorings and end up in the landfill.

DSK