Default End of Season Blues

wrote in message
On Oct 23, 10:14 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
wrote in message

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:26:25 -0400, Boater
wrote:

Just made my appointment for the shrink wrap guy for the third week in
November. Hope to get out on my Parker twice before then, weather
permitting. It's been a nice season on the Bay, made even better by the
fact that I never encountered the Wretched Herring.

Yup winter is a bitch. I had to turn on the solars for the pool and,my
wife put a jacket in the boat.
It may go down to 68 tonight Brrrr!

Been cool here in night. 88 during the day today. Yesterday, coming back
from taking the wife to the airport at 4:30 am was not to bad. Still
shorts
and tee shirt. Was up in Burney (3000') last week, and mid 30's at night.
70's during the day. Going out tomorrow I think to San Pablo Bay for some
striper fishing I think.

Hit the Dead Fish in Crockett for lunch!!!

Have not been to Crockett in a long time. Grew up near there.

wrote in message

On Oct 23, 10:14 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Have not been to Crockett in a long time. Grew up near there.- Hide quoted
text -

Pretty cool place. There was a road from Martinez to Port Costa
(Carquinez Scenic Road or some such) that was a neat two lane road
with nice views of the straight. When I was living there it was
partially closed because it was sliding down the hill.\

Yup, old Port Costa. Used to be a couple brothels there in my youth. I did
not visit them. One of the brothels from the late 1800's is a B&B now. We
used go out to a fun bar there in the early 1960's. Artsy community now.

DK DK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:09:17 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Freeze warnings here tonight. Lows in the mid-upper 20's.
Just went out and put a space heater in the camper. Haven't winterized it
yet.
This sucks.

Yes, I've noticed my pool heater has to run a little longer in the
morning before it warms up.

The rain here has been cooling the water, too. Mine is good by noon.

On Oct 24, 8:11*pm, DK wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 23, 4:26 pm, Boater wrote:
Just made my appointment for the shrink wrap guy for the third week in
November. Hope to get out on my Parker twice before then, weather
permitting. It's been a nice season on the Bay, made even better by the
fact that I never encountered the Wretched Herring.

What do you do to get your imaginary Zimmerman like lobster boat ready
for winter?

Are you an idiot? *WAFA simply imagines that it is hauled out and
winterized.

Oh, NOW I get it..........

Monday Morning Blues Joe ASA 1 September 10th 07 07:14 PM
Ain't no cure for the dumber time blues.... Chuck Gould General 1 July 30th 07 07:37 PM
Blues, Brews, and Canoes [email protected] General 5 May 5th 05 04:45 AM
Democrats have a bad case of the blues after seeing so much red. Nav ASA 0 November 11th 04 09:26 PM
Them Liberal Blues. Harry Krause General 2 August 13th 03 02:19 AM