Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Blues, Brews, and Canoes

Camping, food, music, fun during the Clinton Canoe Regatta, May 27-30.

Brewery Ommegang, four miles south of Cooperstown, NY in the
Susquehanna River Valley on Highway 33, is opening our 136 wooded
acres for camping, entertainment, and paddling support -- a.k.a. food,
beer, music -- during the Clinton Regatta. We've got lots of room,
great beer, a friendly attitude, and are always welcoming of visitors
and campers, including free brewery tours and tasting every day from
11am-7 pm.

Inexpensive and close to everything too: $15 a night or $45 for the
entire weekend (t, f, s, s). Camping for tent campers, car campers,
RV's, pop-ups, etc. Showers and toilet facilities. Groups accomodated
easily. (No electrical hookups or waste dumps, sorry). Pets are okay.
We're just a few miles downstream from the mouth of the Susquehanna,
and the river actually crosses the lower part of our property.

Saturday afternoon and evening we'll have Blues music featuring Mark
Tolstrup and The Hellhounds. We'll be pouring our delicious and
reasonably priced draft beer and bottle beer and serving a wide range
of vegetarian and carnivore foods of Belgian and American background.
Everything from chili, stews, brats, mussels and frites, Belgian
waffles. Or you can cook at your own campsite.

As the evening progresses we'll have bonfires, a portage race -- from
beer to beer--and a reasonable lights out so all can be well-rested for
the next days paddling. (We sponsor two boats in the races and we want
the paddlers to get their rest.)

Call 607-544-1802 (Larry) or 607-544-1805 (Jeremy) for more info; or
send questions to or to or

Visit
www.ommegang.com for more info about the brewery, our
Belgian-style ales, and the events we sponsor each year.

One last thing: We do lots of weekend long events with food, music,
beer, entertainment, and other types of sports and public gatherings.
But this is our first regatta event, and if YOU have ideas about what
we can do to make it better for you and your fellow paddlers, please
call us, let us know, ask questions, make suggestions. We're here to
serve, and not just beer.