Default Man I loathe truck payments

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Boater" wrote in message

Whoa, I see from NADA that my vehicles are "Classics". I'll try that
one on my wife "Hey, wanna ride in my Classic truck". Her: "Classic,
what are you talking about". Me: "My Nissan". Her: "THAT BEATER,
you must be kidding"

I wouldn't buy one, but I've seen a lot of seemingly really good deals on
new v8 trucks from Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler.

If anyone needs a larger truck, now is the time to buy one. I recently
traded in the little Ranger on a F-250 Superduty and got one heck of a
deal without even trying hard to negotiate.

I needed a heavier duty truck for my new, potential enterprise. Gonna
start renting out musical equipment for touring bands, weddings
receptions, and other private parties. I have acquired three vintage
Hammonds .... an original B3, a C3 (which is a B3 in a different cabinet)
and a "Porta-B". Also now have a collection of Leslie speakers .... two
PR22 stationary cabinets, a 122 rotary, a 760 rotary and a 825 rotary
lower unit and 2101 upper rotary horn.

It is said that you should do what you enjoy in terms of a business. Now
that I have the time, I am going to try this. Music and the audio gear to
reproduce it has always been a hobby of sorts and I enjoy it.

Anyway, I needed a heavier duty truck to haul this stuff around in an
enclosed trailer. The Ranger was too small.

Eisboch

Why don't you get a Notary license? Then you could perform wedding
ceremonies out in the horse barn after picking up the wedding party in your
limo. You do the music, the Mrs. would prepare the food, you cleanup the
grounds.

Not a good idea?

"D.Duck" wrote in message

Why don't you get a Notary license? Then you could perform wedding
ceremonies out in the horse barn after picking up the wedding party in
your limo. You do the music, the Mrs. would prepare the food, you cleanup
the grounds.

Not a good idea?

Heh. Believe it or not, I can already perform weddings.
I *do* have to figure out how to fold the Limo into this though.

http://www.eisboch.com/

Eisboch

Calif Bill wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Use the huge tax refund you'll be getting from McPalin.
Or the $1000 dollar tax decrease from Obama. Whoopie.

EIsboch

Easy for you to say. We didn't get a dime in last year's stimulus and I
suspect we'll be paying more no matter who gets into office. Someone has
to pay for Bush's insane war.

Should of filed an income tax return.

Idiot.
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 21, 5:29*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

Why don't you get a Notary license? *Then you could perform wedding
ceremonies out in the horse barn after picking up the wedding party in
your limo. *You do the music, the Mrs. would prepare the food, you cleanup
the grounds.

Not a good idea?

Heh. *Believe it or not, I can already perform weddings.

Eisboch

heh, so can I (and do occasionally)

?:^ )

"D.Duck" wrote in message

Why don't you get a Notary license? Then you could perform wedding
ceremonies out in the horse barn after picking up the wedding party in
your limo. You do the music, the Mrs. would prepare the food, you
cleanup
the grounds.

Not a good idea?

Heh. Believe it or not, I can already perform weddings.

Eisboch

heh, so can I (and do occasionally)

--------------------------

Yabut, you're real.
I am not.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Boater" wrote in message

Use the huge tax refund you'll be getting from McPalin.

Or the $1000 dollar tax decrease from Obama. Whoopie.

EIsboch

Yep, they do this in Canada. Cut you a cheque for a few bucks, whack you
good on taxes. Turns out they give you a $1 and take $100 more. Surprising
how many people get sucked into this and don't realize they just got stiffed
for $99.

Recent case in point, BC puts in a carbon tax that will net them about an
extra $150 year from everyone each and every year. To sell it they cut each
person a one time $100 cheque. 1/2 the people think this is great.

Beware of the leftist statist government types.

On Oct 21, 4:04*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

My brother once owned an electronics repair shop, and on the side
built custom sound equipment for bands. He was getting quite a
reputation and bigger bands were wanting his equipment. I think it got
to be too much for him. He always liked the simple life.

wrote in message

On Oct 21, 4:04 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

It is said that you should do what you enjoy in terms of a business. Now
that I have the time, I am going to try this. Music and the audio gear to
reproduce it has always been a hobby of sorts and I enjoy it.

Anyway, I needed a heavier duty truck to haul this stuff around in an
enclosed trailer. The Ranger was too small.

Eisboch

My brother once owned an electronics repair shop, and on the side
built custom sound equipment for bands. He was getting quite a
reputation and bigger bands were wanting his equipment. I think it got
to be too much for him. He always liked the simple life.

-----------------------------

I visited the warehouse of a local equipment rental place yesterday. It's
where I bought the Hammond C3.
The company rents equipment for touring professional bands, wedding
receptions and private parties.

The owner gave me a tour through the huge facility. Hundreds of guitar amps
(big), hundreds of keyboards, PA equipment, synths, mixers, mics, four B3's
..... I couldn't believe the inventory. I asked him if his business level
supported the inventory of gear he had. He said he averages 150 major
equipment setups a MONTH! And that's just in about a 150 mile radius of
his business.
I couldn't believe it.

He had pictures in his office of him with clients, including Paul McCartney,
Roy Orbison, BB King, and many, many more.

Quite an interesting visit.

Eisboch

On Oct 21, 10:32 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Last night talking to my wife about Nissan vs Toyota, she knows I like
Toyota and said "Buy what you really want and stop being so cheap". I
said "Well, my Nissan was pretty reliable" and she started laughing
saying "David, you thought your old 1955 Ford was reliable and it had
no windows". She may have a point about buying what you want.

wrote in message

[...]

"Buy what I want", hmmmmmm, the vehicle I TRULY lust after is a mid
'50s cabover dually. For some reason, I think those cabovers are
awesomely cool. An 8 cyl FLATHEAD engine. I have always wanted to
rebuild a flathead engine just because I admire the simplicity of
them. Put a modern electronic ignition it with HV plugs, radial tires
and you'd improve the previous miles/gallon a lot. She'd have towing
capacity. No comprehensive insurance costs. I could fix ANYTHING on
it. The best part of all would be no bizarre electronic crap like
power windows and such. I wonder if I could make one so reliable I
could drive it across the USA from FL to WY.