Default Man I loathe truck payments

Richard Casady wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:34:34 -0700 (PDT), JimH
wrote:

There may be a couple of posters willing to unload a nice Ford Ranger in the
near future.
I know of one 2006 2 x 4 that has just over 26000 kilometers on the
odometer...what's that.....around 16000 miles?

ROTF!

A Ranger won't pull the cork out of a bottle of Dago Red.

You are missing the joke.

On Oct 20, 7:28 pm, JohnH wrote:
.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

Yes, I could prob write it off as a business expense but I wont do
that. My business could use the money for something else. However, I
may be misunderstanding this. As an S corp, would the truck be
company property or my own property (the company is mine totally).
I'd like to keep the separation for liability reasons. In reality, I
cannot justify my company having a truck although I could make a good
case to the IRS for it.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:26:34 -0700, JimH wrote:

Does anyone remember the Jimmy Carter years.......inflation, mortgage
rates, gas lines?

'nuff said. ;-)

Funny thing about myths, the more you say them, the more people believe
them. The truth is, the economy does better under a Democratic
President, than a Republican one.

http://www.coba.unr.edu/econ/wp/pape...CONWP06008.pdf

'nuff said?

JohnH wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:35:30 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Use the huge tax refund you'll be getting from McPalin.
Or the $1000 dollar tax decrease from Obama. Whoopie.

EIsboch

Easy for you to say. We didn't get a dime in last year's stimulus and I
suspect we'll be paying more no matter who gets into office. Someone has
to pay for Bush's insane war.

It has nothing to do with me. Seriously ... think about it. How is an
average of an extra $1K per year going to help "95%" of the public?

Certainly doesn't matter where it counts. Give me a break!

Eisboch

Most of the Obama voters have no realization of how little $1000 will
affect their lifestyle. But, if it'll put a new TV on the floor, it's well
worth a vote!

There he goes again, John Herring, rec.boat's own hater of blacks and
Latinos.

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Use the huge tax refund you'll be getting from McPalin.
Or the $1000 dollar tax decrease from Obama. Whoopie.

EIsboch

Easy for you to say. We didn't get a dime in last year's stimulus and I
suspect we'll be paying more no matter who gets into office. Someone has
to pay for Bush's insane war.

It has nothing to do with me. Seriously ... think about it. How is an
average of an extra $1K per year going to help "95%" of the public?

Certainly doesn't matter where it counts. Give me a break!

Eisboch

Most of the Obama voters have no realization of how little $1000 will
affect their lifestyle. But, if it'll put a new TV on the floor, it's well
worth a vote!

There he goes again, John Herring, rec.boat's own hater of blacks and
Latinos.

Signal to noise ratio in the thread is getting really poor with crap
from Harry who seems unqualified to have opinions on any topic.
Really now, if you cannot discern the diff tween boats and politics,
how can anyone take him seriously about either?
So, for towing the Tolman, it is looking like a Nissan Frontier. The
Tacoma is a little more expensive and I have had good luck with
Nissan. Now, I am trying to find one with a crew cab AND long bed,
not sure they exist.
I like manual shift but is there any reason for them anymore? In the
very long run, I still think a manual shift will outlast an automatic
and I can replace a clutch.

wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
[...]

Au contraire. I am qualified to offer up opinions on many subjects
related to boating, but I see little reason to post them here often.

I notice you didn't aim one of your cheap shots at Herring, eh?

On Oct 20, 9:38 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
[...]

Whoa, I see from NADA that my vehicles are "Classics". I'll try that
one on my wife "Hey, wanna ride in my Classic truck". Her: "Classic,
what are you talking about". Me: "My Nissan". Her: "THAT BEATER,
you must be kidding"

wrote:
On Oct 20, 9:38 pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
[...]

I wouldn't buy one, but I've seen a lot of seemingly really good deals
on new v8 trucks from Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:27:17 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

Couldn't your business use a truck for something ? That way you could
lease it and right the whole thing off.

errr, "write the whole thing off."

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:27:44 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Now, I am trying to find one with a crew cab AND long bed,
not sure they exist.

There are some around. Huge.