Mark

Default Selling my boat w/mo. payments

15% is pretty minimal for a loan like this ($2500). I just looked up what my
credit union would charge on a good risk and that is 7.5% so let's assume a
bank would get 9% to 14% (depending on the bank and their view of the
particular borrrower risk). And there is the quality of the borrower ... you
say your gut says he is okay ... no lender would factor their gut into a
loan. Lenders are also able to cover a few losses over a lot of good loans.

My guesstimate is that this is a fairly high risk loan at a below market
rate with a low down payment with no recovery from a potential loss. I would
grab it if I were a borrower and drop it if I were the lender.