Default More of the same?

Pelosi
Reid
Dodd
Clinton
Frank
Kerry.....

with a new "leader" .....

Barak Obama .... rated the most liberal senator of all...

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

Wake up America!

----------------
I am Eisboch, and I approve of this message.

Eisboch wrote:
Pelosi
Reid
Dodd
Clinton
Frank
Kerry.....

with a new "leader" .....

Barak Obama .... rated the most liberal senator of all...

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

Wake up America!

----------------
I am Eisboch, and I approve of this message.

I think "America" is waking up and preparing to turn Thumbs Down on
McPalin, the hate the two of them are spewing, their lack of ideas for
the future, the "robocalls," and the utter, complete, beyond the pale
unpreparedness of Sarah Palin.

But, hey...it's the ticket for Herring, BAR, and the rest of the
reich-wing retardos. You should be ashamed of yourself.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 07:04:24 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Pelosi
Reid
Dodd
Clinton
Frank
Kerry.....

with a new "leader" .....

Barak Obama .... rated the most liberal senator of all...

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

Wake up America!

----------------
I am Eisboch, and I approve of this message.

Yeah, but if you vote for Obama, he'll give you a $1000 tax rebate, whether
you paid taxes or not.

Until the gullible learn that $1000 isn't going to do more than put a new
TV on the floor, they'll vote for the up front money. Hurting the 'rich'
sounds good. It doesn't better the lives of Obama's 'base', but it sure
sounds good!

I believe it will take a generation or so for the gullible to realize
they've been had.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

..

JohnH wrote:
[...]

In your case, it will take generations and generations to breed out
familial stupidity, racism and just plain overbreeding.

Looks like your state of Virginia is going Democratic this time...which
makes it time for you to move where there are more racists. Pack up.

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Pelosi
Reid
Dodd
Clinton
Frank
Kerry.....

with a new "leader" .....

Barak Obama .... rated the most liberal senator of all...

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

Wake up America!

----------------
I am Eisboch, and I approve of this message.

I think "America" is waking up and preparing to turn Thumbs Down on
McPalin, the hate the two of them are spewing, their lack of ideas for the
future, the "robocalls," and the utter, complete, beyond the pale
unpreparedness of Sarah Palin.

But, hey...it's the ticket for Herring, BAR, and the rest of the
reich-wing retardos. You should be ashamed of yourself.

My statement has nothing to do with reich-wing retardos or anybody in this
newsgroup. If you notice, it contains no negative comments regarding the
politicians I mentioned either.

My concern is this:

One of the benefits of our government structure is the checks and balances
built into the relationship between the branches of government and
particularly those between the legislative and executive branches. When
one party gains control of both (which is very likely to happen in this
election) and the leadership of both represent an extreme political
philosophy as the people I mentioned do, it's not good for the republic as
we know it.

So, if you are prepared to accept more fundamental changes in our form of
government and are willing to give up even more traditional concepts of
individual rights and freedoms, then by all means, pull the lever for a
straight Democratic ticket.

I'd even be willing to vote for Obama if I thought he would be balanced out
in Congress. I don't think it will happen though.

Eisboch

"JohnH" wrote in message

I believe it will take a generation or so for the gullible to realize
they've been had.

Nope. By then they will be accustom to our new social welfare form of
government, content to live their lives as directed.

It's up to us old farts to preserve the beauty of the system we have, warts
and all.

Eisboch

..

"Boater" wrote in message

JohnH wrote:

In your case, it will take generations and generations to breed out
familial stupidity, racism and just plain overbreeding.

Looks like your state of Virginia is going Democratic this time...which
makes it time for you to move where there are more racists. Pack up.

If we are going to debate politics for another couple of weeks, it sure
would be nice to do so without the personal insults you feel necessary in
order to make a point.

The thread I started had nothing to do with anyone in this newsgroup.
Herring's comment in this thread contained no personal insult to anyone.

Your comments in return ignite the flames.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

The odds are against the Democrats reaching 60 seats in the US Senate,
even counting Tailgunner Joe of Connecticut, whose "star" in the
Democratic party, even though he is now an "Indy," will set.

Further, I've heard nothing out of Obama, Reid, or Pelosi that indicates
to me that any of them, individually or collectively, plan any radical
fundamental changes. This country is broke, thanks to all the years of
Republican deficit spending, and any new programs Obama wants to
implement will have to be done in extremely small steps.

I don't see where any of the Dems are planning "fundamental changes" in
our *form* of government, or working to limit individual rights and
freedoms. In fact, if elected, I suspect Obama will trashcan a lot of
the Bush "initiatives" that eroded our rights and our Constitution. I
want to see even the notion of torture forbidden and I want to see
habeas restored fully, for everyone under our purview. No more offshore
prisons or renditions, thank you.

I've heard several Republicans these past few weeks begging the
population not to elect Obama or increase the number of seats held in
Congress by Democrats. I think it has very little to do with preserving
the nation and everything to do with trying to minimize the damage.

As far as I am concerned, after all the damage Bush and the Republicans
have inflicted on this country the past eight ears, the Republicans can
wander in the wilderness for the next 40.