Default More of the same?

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 07:45:11 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .

I believe it will take a generation or so for the gullible to realize
they've been had.

Nope. By then they will be accustom to our new social welfare form of
government, content to live their lives as directed.

It's up to us old farts to preserve the beauty of the system we have, warts
and all.

Eisboch

It would be nice to see a miraculous recovery of sense before the election,
or in the ballot box. But, I have doubts that Tom's prediction is accurate
in this case. I hope I'm wrong.

It's taken the Europeans a couple generations to realize the mess they've
allowed themselves to get dragged into. They're learning, but it took some
time for them to start on the road back.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

JohnH wrote:

In your case, it will take generations and generations to breed out
familial stupidity, racism and just plain overbreeding.

Looks like your state of Virginia is going Democratic this time...which
makes it time for you to move where there are more racists. Pack up.

If we are going to debate politics for another couple of weeks, it sure
would be nice to do so without the personal insults you feel necessary in
order to make a point.

The thread I started had nothing to do with anyone in this newsgroup.
Herring's comment in this thread contained no personal insult to anyone.

Your comments in return ignite the flames.

Eisboch

You're a completely decent guy and I'm delighted to discuss issues with
you, even when you are obviously wrong ( :) ).

Herring is racist trash. It's not name-calling, it's an opinion based
upon his many posts here over the years slamming blacks and Latinos.

"Boater" wrote in message

You're a completely decent guy and I'm delighted to discuss issues with
you, even when you are obviously wrong ( :) ).

Herring is racist trash. It's not name-calling, it's an opinion based upon
his many posts here over the years slamming blacks and Latinos.

Then start another thread discussing your opinions of Herring, if you must.

Let's keep this one centered on the original subject.

Eisboch

..
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Pelosi
Reid
Dodd
Clinton
Frank
Kerry.....

with a new "leader" .....

Barak Obama .... rated the most liberal senator of all...

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

Wake up America!

----------------
I am Eisboch, and I approve of this message.

I think "America" is waking up and preparing to turn Thumbs Down on
McPalin, the hate the two of them are spewing, their lack of ideas for
the future, the "robocalls," and the utter, complete, beyond the pale
unpreparedness of Sarah Palin.

But, hey...it's the ticket for Herring, BAR, and the rest of the
reich-wing retardos. You should be ashamed of yourself.

My statement has nothing to do with reich-wing retardos or anybody in
this newsgroup. If you notice, it contains no negative comments
regarding the politicians I mentioned either.

My concern is this:

One of the benefits of our government structure is the checks and
balances built into the relationship between the branches of government
and particularly those between the legislative and executive branches.
When one party gains control of both (which is very likely to happen in
this election) and the leadership of both represent an extreme political
philosophy as the people I mentioned do, it's not good for the republic
as we know it.

So, if you are prepared to accept more fundamental changes in our form of
government and are willing to give up even more traditional concepts of
individual rights and freedoms, then by all means, pull the lever for a
straight Democratic ticket.

I'd even be willing to vote for Obama if I thought he would be balanced
out in Congress. I don't think it will happen though.

Eisboch

The odds are against the Democrats reaching 60 seats in the US Senate,
even counting Tailgunner Joe of Connecticut, whose "star" in the
Democratic party, even though he is now an "Indy," will set.

Further, I've heard nothing out of Obama, Reid, or Pelosi that indicates
to me that any of them, individually or collectively, plan any radical
fundamental changes. This country is broke, thanks to all the years of
Republican deficit spending, and any new programs Obama wants to implement
will have to be done in extremely small steps.

I don't see where any of the Dems are planning "fundamental changes" in
our *form* of government, or working to limit individual rights and
freedoms. In fact, if elected, I suspect Obama will trashcan a lot of the
Bush "initiatives" that eroded our rights and our Constitution. I want to
see even the notion of torture forbidden and I want to see habeas restored
fully, for everyone under our purview. No more offshore prisons or
renditions, thank you.

I've heard several Republicans these past few weeks begging the population
not to elect Obama or increase the number of seats held in Congress by
Democrats. I think it has very little to do with preserving the nation and
everything to do with trying to minimize the damage.

As far as I am concerned, after all the damage Bush and the Republicans
have inflicted on this country the past eight ears, the Republicans can
wander in the wilderness for the next 40.

All one has to do is listen to Pelosi, Frank, Dodd, Kerry, Reid, Clinton and
Obama individually, then sum.
Obama is not being honest in his promises either, in scope or timeframe.

Fortunately, we have another branch. If push comes to shove, initiatives
can and will be tested in the Supreme Court in terms of compliance to the
Constitution. Until the Court converts also, that is.

I am really concerned about this. Some of Obama's statements are downright
scary to people of my bent. And I am not an extreme "righty".

Eisboch

..

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Well, I haven't heard anything from Obama that
I find scary. I have no idea of what you may find scary in his ideas,
nor am I familiar with any of the possibly passable ideas of Pelosi,
Frank, Dodd, Kerry, Reid or Clinton that scare me.

Obama is well-versed in the Constitution. I doubt he will push for
initiatives that the Supremes will declare unConstitutional. That
doesn't prevent litigants from trying, of course.

If Obama is elected, I will look forward to his Supreme Court nominations.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:22:20 -0400, Boater wrote:

Obama is well-versed in the Constitution. I doubt he will push for
initiatives that the Supremes will declare unConstitutional. That
doesn't prevent litigants from trying, of course.

I don't know, Harry, 7 of the 9 are Republican appointments, and at least
3 are scary right.

If Obama is elected, I will look forward to his Supreme Court
nominations.

Yeah, it will be nice to get a little balance back in the Court.

"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Congratulations. That was your best, original, non-cut-and-paste,
non-insulting political post made so far in this election cycle.

Appreciate it.

Eisboch

WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:03:33 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message

You're a completely decent guy and I'm delighted to discuss issues with
you, even when you are obviously wrong ( :) ).

Herring is racist trash. It's not name-calling, it's an opinion based upon
his many posts here over the years slamming blacks and Latinos.

Then start another thread discussing your opinions of Herring, if you must.

Let's keep this one centered on the original subject.

Eisboch

There is an obsessive need for people in this group to respond to a
person who has proven himself to be utterly despicable in so many ways.

I know, but I can't help myself, Wally. That's why I respond to you and
a few others.

Here's an idea: add something interesting to an ongoing discussion.

Try it...if you can.