Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default More of the same?

"Boater" wrote in message

The odds are against the Democrats reaching 60 seats in the US Senate,
even counting Tailgunner Joe of Connecticut, whose "star" in the
Democratic party, even though he is now an "Indy," will set.

Further, I've heard nothing out of Obama, Reid, or Pelosi that indicates
to me that any of them, individually or collectively, plan any radical
fundamental changes. This country is broke, thanks to all the years of
Republican deficit spending, and any new programs Obama wants to implement
will have to be done in extremely small steps.

I don't see where any of the Dems are planning "fundamental changes" in
our *form* of government, or working to limit individual rights and
freedoms. In fact, if elected, I suspect Obama will trashcan a lot of the
Bush "initiatives" that eroded our rights and our Constitution. I want to
see even the notion of torture forbidden and I want to see habeas restored
fully, for everyone under our purview. No more offshore prisons or
renditions, thank you.

I've heard several Republicans these past few weeks begging the population
not to elect Obama or increase the number of seats held in Congress by
Democrats. I think it has very little to do with preserving the nation and
everything to do with trying to minimize the damage.

As far as I am concerned, after all the damage Bush and the Republicans
have inflicted on this country the past eight ears, the Republicans can
wander in the wilderness for the next 40.

Congratulations. That was your best, original, non-cut-and-paste,
non-insulting political post made so far in this election cycle.

Appreciate it.

Eisboch