Default I'll be casting my vote...

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:00:46 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Feb 12, 7:52*pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 12, 7:45 pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 12, 7:27 pm, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 23:51:23 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:50:12 -0500, HK wrote:
...for the next president of the United States in about 20 minutes.
Here - take your campaign sign with you.
http://www.swsports.org/images/Pictures/bros.gif
Also good!
--
John H
I like this one better

http://tinyurl.com/382m2m-Hide quoted text -

You know Harry, you constantly show a lack of imagination. Years ago
when I was here, you seemed much more clever, or maybe I have just
heard your jive to many times...

When you post something clever, I'll be glad to expend effort on the
response.- Hide quoted text -

Well at least Billary is getting slaughtered... The hate, bigotry,
racism, and anti-free speech (a little farce they called "PC") that
the Clintons brought into the democratic party in the 80's will
finally die anyway...

Yes, it looks like all the emails I sent asking for Obama support may have
done some good.
--
John H

"Sam" wrote in message news:rdvsj.62$%g.55@trnddc08...

"HK" wrote in message

They're both strong candidates, and either one will slaughter McCain or
Huckabee in the fall, and that is all that matters to me. If there is a
really BIG Democratic turnout in the fall, the party will capture more
Senate and House seats, and the country will start back on the road to
progress after eight years of mindless and aimless wandering in the
desert.

Progress my ass. Your side has already killed this country, it's too bad
most people just aren't aware of this fact yet.
It is now *impossible* to recover monetarily from the entitlement
programs enacted by the liberals (now estimated at 440K per person).

I fear you are correct although I am not sure the left is totally
responsible. We've allowed it to happen to ourselves.

100 years ago the culture of this country was driven by a system of
self-reliance and responsibility. There was no such thing as a free ride.
You worked or you starved. The up side was that if you really worked hard
and had the tenacity to fight through problems and obstacles you could end
up doing quite well. That was the opportunity granted to all .... well to
most. There were inequities to be corrected and there were those who simply
could not provide for themselves and we slowly endevoured to create
government managed systems to help them, as we should. Natural greed took
over however and those programs began to expand to include those who
otherwise could (and should) manage for themselves.

100 years later things are different. There's a wide spread sense of
entitlement and expectation of the government to provide for everything we
need to survive. Responsibilty for the welfare of the citizens has been
shifted from individuals and families to the government. Somewhere along
the line, programs designed to assist those who really needed help became
expected for, and by everyone. The price to pay for the government's role
as caretaker is reflected in the taxes we pay and the freedoms we've lost
which further compounds the problem. Why work for it if you can get it for
free?

The image of the hard working, raw boned American with a "can do" attitude
has been replaced by one of a bunch of soft bellied whiners demanding their
"share".

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

"HK" wrote in message

[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

agreed!

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:11:33 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

The image of the hard working, raw boned American with a "can do"
attitude has been replaced by one of a bunch of soft bellied whiners
demanding their "share".

Eisboch

Raw boned, indeed:

http://media.nara.gov/media/images/3/3/03-0246a.gif

100 years ago, Mother Jones was leading child workers demanding a 55 hour
work week.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:11:33 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

The image of the hard working, raw boned American with a "can do" attitude
has been replaced by one of a bunch of soft bellied whiners demanding their
"share".

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

Theodore Roosevelt.

"Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an
oyster."

Theodore Roosevelt.

"I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the
average man."

Theodore Roosevelt

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of
your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."

Theodore Roosevelt

Greatest. President. Ever.

Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 13, 6:55*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:11:33 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:
The image of the hard working, raw boned American with a "can do" attitude
has been replaced by one of a bunch of soft bellied whiners demanding their
"share".

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

Theodore Roosevelt.

"Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an
oyster."

Theodore Roosevelt.

"I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the
average man."

Theodore Roosevelt

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of
your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."

Theodore Roosevelt

Greatest. *President. *Ever.

If not the greatest,Tom? he's a dang good runner up!

On Feb 12, 6:12*pm, "JimH" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

...for the next president of the United States in about 20 minutes.

The long national nightmare of George W. Bush is almost over. With luck
and prayers, we will make it until January of next year and will be able
to start undoing some of the horrific damage Bush has inflicted upon this
nation and the world.

Nice troll. *Let's see how many bites you get. * *;-)

Mr. LobsterBoat got you!
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:11:33 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:
The image of the hard working, raw boned American with a "can do" attitude
has been replaced by one of a bunch of soft bellied whiners demanding their
"share".

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

Theodore Roosevelt.

"Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an
oyster."

Theodore Roosevelt.

"I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the
average man."

Theodore Roosevelt

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of
your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."

Theodore Roosevelt

Greatest. President. Ever.

If not the greatest,Tom? he's a dang good runner up!

When America was growing by leaps and bounds, and when there was plenty
of work, even for the unskilled, these aphorisms made more sense.
Nowadays, with jobs being exported overseas wholesale and with major
manufacturers offering to buy out their current workforces so they can
hire new workers at half the rate and with no benefits, well...it's no
wonder workers are looking elsewhere for a fair share.

It's the end result of the Republican credo of corporate greed - "I've
got mine, so screw you."

On Feb 12, 8:47*pm, "JimH" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
On Feb 12, 7:52 pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Since you are so vocal about wanting either of these Dems choices to be
in office...................tell us why? *What do they offer? *What new
programs and ideas have they presented that are doable?

Will our taxes increase if they are elected? *Will big government grow?
Will entitlement programs be expanded? *How will their mandatory
healthcare programs be paid..........how much will it cost? *Will they
continue the fight in Iraq and terrorists or walk away?

JohnH already announced he (and his wife) bought into Obama's BS even
knowing we have never heard anything about Obama's plans other than
generalizations.

You are a Dem insider. * Let us know the real plans and solutions these
candidates offer.

I doubt Herring will vote for Barack Obama in the general election.

1. A much quicker end to Bush's war against Iraq.

2. Defanging of certain anti-civil-liberty parts of the "Patriot Act."

3. A beginning of a real program to provide access to health insurance for
all.

4. An end to the anti-abortion b.s. legislation and possible Supreme Court
decisions with the first appointment or two to that court.

5. An end to restrictions on stem cell research.

6. A methodology to begin balancing the federal budget.

7. Real enforcement of environmental and worker safety laws.

8. An end to the anti-science mindset of the White House.

9. An end to a presidency built upon fear.

10.An end to anti-gay attacks from the executive and legislative branches.

11.Programs to try to curtail the flow of decent jobs from this country.

12.An end to the demonization of Latinos.

And much more.

If you want details, you'll have to look to the candidates as they
announce them. I'm only closely following two or three issues.

I will not argue against the 12 points you posted right now (although all
are debatable and I will be happy to debate them with you in the
future)...what I would like to see are websites of your 2 candidates stating
they are taking a position on each of those 12 points you posted.- Hide quoted text -

Jim, do you get 100% of your information from the internet? There are
other sources you know. Is that where you got the erronious
information that a hybrid car takes more natural resources to produce
than any given non-hybrid?

wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:11:33 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:
The image of the hard working, raw boned American with a "can do" attitude
has been replaced by one of a bunch of soft bellied whiners demanding their
"share".

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

Theodore Roosevelt.

"Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an
oyster."

Theodore Roosevelt.

"I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the
average man."

Theodore Roosevelt

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of
your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."

Theodore Roosevelt

Greatest. *President. *Ever.

If not the greatest,Tom? he's a dang good runner up!

I have used that first quote - ""Do what you can, with what you have,
where you are." to motivate people who have worked for me and it's
always produced results. Even from the marginal employees.