HK HK is offline

Default Andy's Predictions for 2008

Canuck57 wrote:

Should this be Bill, how does that work with presidential term limits? Bill
just does not want to stay away from those interns does he?

Why are you so hung up on Bill Clinton's sex life? Do you think his
extramarital sex life is more important than the indisputable fact that
the current occupant of the White House is in the running for worst
president in the history of the United States, and possibly the most
incompetent, too?

Perhaps if *you* had a sex life, you wouldn't be so concerned about
Clinton's.

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 14:32:40 GMT, "Canuck57"

.. .

Bill's not eligible. Have to be eligible to be POTUS.

I read a discussion about a year or so ago about this very thing.

The only qualification for Vice President is that the individual must
be at least 35 years of age, a natural born citizen of the United
States, and a resident of the U.S. for 14 years.

The Rules of Succession do not delineate prior service as a
disqualification for the office of Vice President as they do for the
office of President.

Which means that succession to the Presidency isn't in the rules -
only being elected to the Presidency is in the rules.

According to most constitutional lawyers surveyed in this article,
including schools from Harvard's School of Government (or whatever
it's called now) to Podunk University scholars, it's perfectly legal
to elect a former President to the office of Vice President.

Now if you read into that a little, you will find that potentially,
the office of Vice President, which does not have term limits, to be a
power base from which a smart politician can operate.

And if you don't think the Clinton's have thought about it a lot, your
nuts. :)

OK. But lets say the president dies. Then the vice president becomes
president no?

Should this be Bill, how does that work with presidential term limits? Bill
just does not want to stay away from those interns does he?

From what I read, and it was by no means a complete dissertation, some
heavy legal beagle constitutional types were consulted and according
to them, there is nothing from preventing a former President, as Vice
President, to succeed to the Presidency effectively giving any former
President three terms (if it were to work out that way).

All the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution says is ""No person shall
be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no
person who has held the office of President, or acted as President,
for more than two years of a term to which some other person was
elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more
than once."

It's elected - not succession - that was the key point in the
discussion.
Senior Member

On Jan 1, 9:35*am, HK wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
Should this be Bill, how does that work with presidential term limits? *Bill
just does not want to stay away from those interns does he?

Why are you so hung up on Bill Clinton's sex life? Do you think his
extramarital sex life is more important than the indisputable fact that
the current occupant of the White House is in the running for worst
president in the history of the United States, and possibly the most
incompetent, too?

Perhaps if *you* had a sex life, you wouldn't be so concerned about
Clinton's.

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

Ya know Harry, no one really listens anymore cause we all know you
just make it up as you go along. You need to stop "lobsta boating"
Bush. Now if you really want to talk lets talk about all the missle
and nuke technology the Clintons made available to the Chineese
Military in exchange for a 3 million dollar donation right before the
election. Which they "noticed" and returned soon after the election.
Unfortunately, China did not give the information back, they used it
to create better missles to take out our sattelites and of course
passed it along to nice countries like Korea and Pakastan. The
Clintons are about nothing but dirty money, probably the most sold out
whitehouse in history.

Billary, the most sold out White House in history...

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 06:56:22 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Jan 1, 9:35*am, HK wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

It's much easier for him to pretend he has you filtered than to lose a real
debate.
--
John H

HK wrote:

Perhaps if *you* had a sex life, you wouldn't be so concerned about
Clinton's.

krause, there are people who have morals. Sadly, you do not. The above
statement demonstrates that.

-- Charlie

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:09:17 -0500, Charlie
wrote:

HK wrote:

Perhaps if *you* had a sex life, you wouldn't be so concerned about
Clinton's.

krause, there are people who have morals. Sadly, you do not. The above
statement demonstrates that.

"Intelligence, wit, judgment, and the other talents of the mind,
however they may be named, or courage, resolution, perseverance, as
qualities of temperament, are undoubtedly good and desirable in many
respects; but these gifts of nature may also become extremely bad and
mischievous if the will which is to make use of them, and which,
therefore, constitutes what is called character, is not good."

Immanuel Kant

As defined above I don't see Harry as a moral charlatan - if anything
the exact opposite.

Then again, I'm a moron - what do I know. :)

On Jan 1, 8:15 am, BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
m...
From Andy Borowitz:

Next Year's News
Predictions for 2008 from BorowitzReport.com
April: Monica Lewinsky will announce her candidacy for President of
the United States. She will offer herself as an alternative to
Hillary, saying, "It worked before."

She spent more time in the Oval Office and with the POTUS than Hillary
did.

Y-A-W-N. Maybe her "advice and consent" helped keep President Bill from
doing really stupid stuff, like invading Iraq.

Whatever Clinton's sexual indiscretions, the harm they caused
pale in comparison to the horrors perpetrated by BushCo.

It didn't stop Clinton from bombing and empty terrorist camp or an
Aspirin factory.- Hide quoted text -

So, in your head, the President is the one to blame for all military
blunders????

wrote:

HK wrote:

Perhaps if *you* had a sex life, you wouldn't be so concerned about
Clinton's.

krause, there are people who have morals. Sadly, you do not. The above
statement demonstrates that.

"Intelligence, wit, judgment, and the other talents of the mind,
however they may be named, or courage, resolution, perseverance, as
qualities of temperament, are undoubtedly good and desirable in many
respects; but these gifts of nature may also become extremely bad and
mischievous if the will which is to make use of them, and which,
therefore, constitutes what is called character, is not good."

Immanuel Kant

As defined above I don't see Harry as a moral charlatan - if anything
the exact opposite.

Then again, I'm a moron - what do I know. :)

"...these gifts...may ...become..bad...if the will...is not good."

Show me the 'good will'. I've seen plenty of the bad.
--
John H
BAR BAR is offline

HK wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:

Should this be Bill, how does that work with presidential term
limits? Bill just does not want to stay away from those interns does he?

Why are you so hung up on Bill Clinton's sex life? Do you think his
extramarital sex life is more important than the indisputable fact that
the current occupant of the White House is in the running for worst
president in the history of the United States, and possibly the most
incompetent, too?

Why do you defend a sex offender, proved liar and disbarred lawyer?

Perhaps if *you* had a sex life, you wouldn't be so concerned about
Clinton's.

Why do you care a lick about Clinton's sex life?

Anybody see the USA Today fuel price predictions? [email protected] General 54 April 17th 06 08:58 PM
Best Oscar Predictions Bob Crantz ASA 26 March 8th 06 01:08 AM
he can kill angrily if Andy's cup isn't dry Alvin ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:13 AM
Predictions Bob Crantz ASA 0 December 29th 04 03:37 PM
( OT) Predictions off mark on Iraq war's impact Jim General 1 March 22nd 04 02:32 PM