Default Anybody see the USA Today fuel price predictions?

Driving home this evening, I listened to a local talk radio station
discussing the probable fuel prices during the next few months. They
kept referring to an article in USA Today that projected $4/gallon gas
prices (would probably run $5 at a fuel dock).

Anybody actually see this story and know the details?

I can't find it online- does anybody have a website address to check?

Senior Member

Location: Michigan

Actually it is already almost 5 dollars a gallon at a marina here in S/E Michigan. $4.969 to be exact.
__________________
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com
Jeff Rigby

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 06:37:22 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 12 Apr 2006 21:59:25 -0700, "
wrote:

Driving home this evening, I listened to a local talk radio station
discussing the probable fuel prices during the next few months. They
kept referring to an article in USA Today that projected $4/gallon gas
prices (would probably run $5 at a fuel dock).

Anybody actually see this story and know the details?

I can't find it online- does anybody have a website address to check?

Self-fulfilling prophecy. This is a market driven by speculation and
insider information.

I saw the article yesterday and just put it away. Watching CNBC
yesterday, you had prices going from $2.62 to $6 a gallon.

My guess is it will hit a high around $2,90 and settle back once the
refineries come back on-line.

Hugo Chavez says $50 a barrel for oil is sufficient.

Unfortunately, Hugo Chaves doesn't control the price of oil. I know
he likes to think he does, but he doesn't.

At what price does harvesting oil shale and oil sand become economical.
That is the price OPEC will not want oil to reach.

--
RGrew176

That's discouraging news. Even though the price of fuel is a relatively
minor consideration for many boaters- (as in if you're making $24,000 a
year in boat payments does it really matter if your summer fuel bill
goes from $2500 up to $3500?)- these unusually high fuel prices tend to
make people think twice or thrice about using their boats.

I don't think it's a situation of supply and demand at all. It's a case
of "we got you by the short hairs, we know you'll pay at least as much
as you did last year, and we need another round of record-breaking
profits to crank our share values up to the next level."

Gas station prices for 92-octane broke $3 this week at a lot of local
stations. It's only the middle of April, and they will proably keep
going up through Labor Day (simply because they can). At the risk of
wandering over near the OT border- perhaps there will be some political
pressure on the oil companies to keep prices in check, at least
slightly, this year. Dropping them in October may be too late to be of
much PR benefit to the party hoping to maintain a congressional
majority. There's no direct connection between who's in office and oil
prices, but John Q Public is more likely to vote "for change" if he's
feeling unhappy, and while a lot of national and international issues
are pretty abstract it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that
it's costing $75-$100 to fill up the F250. It will be interesting to
see how this plays out.

I'm glad I've got two nearly full tanks. I'd top off right now if I
wasn't still hauled out for refit, as any fuel bought weeks from now is
surely going to be a lot more expensive.

DSK

" wrote
Dropping them in October may be too late to be of
much PR benefit to the party hoping to maintain a congressional
majority. There's no direct connection between who's in office and oil
prices, but John Q Public is more likely to vote "for change" if he's
feeling unhappy

There's a direct connection if the politician in question is
the President and he cuts a deal with the Saudis to drop oil
prices before the election.

Fred Dehl wrote:
But it's the Democrats and their envirolunatics who are responsible for
the increased prices during summer.

That's right Fred. Democrats are to blame for everything bad
in the whole world, including warm beer, your neighbors
barking dog, and the awful sound of fingernails on a blackboard.

DSK

Doug Kanter

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message
" wrote in
oups.com:

Dropping them in October may be too late to be of
much PR benefit to the party hoping to maintain a congressional
majority. There's no direct connection between who's in office and oil
prices, but John Q Public is more likely to vote "for change" if he's
feeling unhappy

But it's the Democrats and their envirolunatics who are responsible for
the increased prices during summer.

Rest assured that if the oil companies were bothered by the seasonal
reformulation arrangements, they would've purchased the appropriate federal
officials and arranged for the rules to be changed. You may have noticed
logging companies doing similar things with the department of the interior,
and chemical manufacturers doing the same with the EPA.

Doug Kanter

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

But it's the Democrats and their envirolunatics who are responsible
for the increased prices during summer.

Rest assured that if the oil companies were bothered by the seasonal
reformulation arrangements, they would've purchased the appropriate
federal officials and arranged for the rules to be changed.

More flatulence from the ****scab who can't write one sentence.

Which sentence was I unable to write, Mr Delusional? And, go ahead and
refute anything I said in this paragraph, repeated below because you have a
tendency to get lost:

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:
Which sentence was I unable to write, Mr Delusional?

Don't Fred's posts make you laugh? He's really funny.

I suspect he has a very unhappy life, but that's his tough
luck. He's still funny.

DSK

NOYB

. ..

wrote:

Driving home this evening, I listened to a local talk radio station
discussing the probable fuel prices during the next few months. They
kept referring to an article in USA Today that projected $4/gallon gas
prices (would probably run $5 at a fuel dock).

Anybody actually see this story and know the details?

I can't find it online- does anybody have a website address to check?
Self-fulfilling prophecy. This is a market driven by speculation and
insider information.

I saw the article yesterday and just put it away. Watching CNBC
yesterday, you had prices going from $2.62 to $6 a gallon.

My guess is it will hit a high around $2,90 and settle back once the
refineries come back on-line.
Hugo Chavez says $50 a barrel for oil is sufficient.

Unfortunately, Hugo Chaves doesn't control the price of oil. I know
he likes to think he does, but he doesn't.

He's a cool dude.

He'll be a cold dude soon. Ice cold.