Default Maybe a little too religious for some...

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:21:21 -0500, HK wrote:

Tim wrote:

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:13:36 -0800 (PST), Tim penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Larry wrote:
Tim wrote in news:e96f7861-68ca-49dc-a8a0-
:

Larry, why try to make a mountain out of a mole hill?

Here's a more simplified version on who Jesus is:

Matthew 16:13-16 (KJV)

13When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his
disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some,
Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of
the living God.

If you want to find out the truth about any product.....do you REALLY
only read the company's website and believe everything its salesmen write
or say, or are you independent and free thinking enough to dare venture
out and find truth on your own?

How many times has the Bible been re-written to suit the salesmen's
agenda at the moment? KJV is, what, the 12th or 13th edition? It's
loaded with errors and guesses and outright fraud.

Larry
--

Thank you Larry, and what concerning the Bible is it that I shouldn't
agree with ?

The Catholics decided, in the 4th century, what you should believe
and.... by a show of hands .....decided what should be considered holy
and what should be considered anathema. If one was politically correct
one's motion(dogma) carried, if not it didn't. The true word was
created!

Fast forward through time and the protestants pared the Catholic Bible
down by a few more chapters and called it the KJV. Then *it* was the
only true word.

Isn't it interesting that various factions of Christians have come to
different conclusions about what is infallible and inerrant.

I first graduated from a college affiliated with a particular
Christian denomination. We were required to study religion and I found
studying both sides of a central point in time established by the
Councils of Nicea to be an amazing trip. This led me to the conclusion
that anybody that feels that they are Christian should do at least two
things:

1) Read the Bible.... ALL OF IT..... and

2) Study the history of the creation of Christianity....

Agree or disagree with what you like..... but you owe it to yourself
to be an informed consumer....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

---
Virus Database (VPS): 071123-0, 11/23/2007
Tested on: 12/21/2007 5:07:23 PM

Oh I know what you're saying Gene, I have read and I know what I
believe. Yes I've read the Apocrypha, the Gospel fo Judas, the Gospel
of Thomas, some other texts by Justin Martyr, and Polycarp, not
counting many commenteries, and historical backgrounds concerning many
events listed asnd surrounding scriptures etc. and have figured out
for myself what fits and what doesn't.

Fast forward through time and the protestants pared the Catholic Bible
down by a few more chapters and called it the KJV. Then *it* was the
only true word.

From what I gather, there were many translations of greek and hebrew
flowing around, and in a nutshell, James wanted a translation that
would be very well examined by scholars in both Hebrew and Greek, so
that there could be one agreeable text that could be suited for
everyone. I'll never say it's the ONLY nor the BEST trasnslation, but
for the most part is deemed acceptable, but over time,
languages,phrases, and word meanings do change. so.... yes there are
better ones available. I won't disagree with that, after all, just
one example is the King James word "Baptize" . It's a "made-to-fit"
word to provide that one should have some type of Christian
confirmation, and how you do it is your own business. . I could go on
some more but no need to bother...

Now concerning Larrys statement about "sheeple, and tithe..." ?

I really don't know what nor how to consider that statement, but if
anything else, I don't subscribe to seemingly every conspiracy theory
that can be drempt up. So I'm sitting here humorously pondering who
and/or what the real "sheeple" is... or are"

All this fuss over a guy who was born Jewish, lived Jewish, and died
Jewish, who didn't preach to the pagans and didn't want to, and never
intended that a bunch of guys break off from Judaism and start a "new"
religion based upon a name he never had.

:}

Harry, you're just jealous that you're not quite as famous as he is...yet.
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*
HK HK is offline

Larry wrote:
[...]

From what I gather, there were many translations of greek and hebrew
[...]

Maybe I could volunteer to be tied up on the cross at next year's parade
in that north Florida community. I could learn enough spoken Aramaic to
bless the crowd.
Tim Tim is offline

Larry wrote:
[...]

From what I gather, there were many translations of greek and hebrew
[...]

Such brilliant theology Harry!

Larry wrote:
[...]

From what I gather, there were many translations of greek and hebrew
[...]

Harry, I'm sure you've done that already. If you were in a group where that
would get you some pat's on the back, you'd be telling us what your
loincloth was made of. Shoot, you'd be showing us pictures of the holes in
your palms, or at least a pair of owls.

Tim wrote:

Larry wrote:
[...]
From what I gather, there were many translations of greek and hebrew
[...]

Thank you. It's certainly more reality based than what has come to pass
as the truth about the birth, life and death of the guy. Not that
reality and religion go hand in hand.

HK HK is offline

Larry wrote:
[...]

From what I gather, there were many translations of greek and hebrew
[...]

Naw. I'll leave the tasteless displays of religious-osity to the
Republican simpies.

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:16:44 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

Here's a Mason who disagrees with you:

http://www.robertlomas.com/Freemason/Origins.html

Apparently there are differences of opinion within the order.
And of course, there are a variety of "rites" with varying numbers of
degrees operating under the common Masonic umbrella.

Ah yes - Dr. Robert Lomas.

I won't get into the whole Lomas suppositions as they have been
thoroughly debunked by serious historians - they even did a Discovery
Channel Special on Lomas's "work". He's considered the Eric von
Daniken of Masonic conspiracy theorists - by other Masonic conspiracy
theorists.

He's also the one who claims that the Knights Templar treasure is
located beneath the chapel.

Or the lawn.

Or the West Tower based on some arcane methodology crossing Knights
Templar and Masonic Ritual, phases of the moon, the Aztec Columnar
Table and the price of tea in Tibet.

However, to get back to the Knights Templar being the progenitors of
Masonic Ritual.

I hate to burst your oh so not careful research on the subject, but
the whole Masonic Knights thing is an inside joke - has been for a
long time.

Think Masons and Knights.

Is trying to identify the "true Freemason" as difficult as figuring
out who is a "real" American, Republican, Democrat, or Christian? :-)

Not at all.

What it does prove is that folks who have little or no knowledge of
the subject will theorize, extemporize and a lot of other izes
combining and interpolating all kinds of obscure claptrap to prove
their point.

The simple truth is this - Free Masons are lodge based, governed by
the same sets of rules and have nothing in common with Knights Templar
or any other mysterious order of antiquity other than that invented
when the Fraternity was established. I can point you to Catholic
ritual which is also very similar to the establishment of an Entered
Apprentice - does that mean that Masons are descended from Benedictine
Monks?

Pseudo detective work with little or no meaning.

If you are really interested in feeding your obvious appetite for
deconstructing all things historical, here's a few to keep you busy -
I can imagine you will find all finds of interesting fodder.

Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem.

The Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem,
of Rhodes and of Malta.

The Pontifical Equestrian Order of St. Gregory the Great.

The Most Honorable Military Order of the Bath.

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:46:56 +0000, Larry wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in
:

Nothing I said contradicts this - these are commerative or honorary or
associative "degrees" and have nothing to do with Masonry other than a
casual relationship of having to be a Third Degree Master Mason to
participate. They bear no relationship to where the power of Masonry
lies which is with the local lodge.

In Freemasonry, there are no higher degrees than Master Mason.

But, what about these levels ABOVE Master Mason?
http://crossbearer-brian.tripod.com/id193.htm
Notice the eye of HORUS, the Egyptian sun god 3000 BC at the top looking
down on it all. These men are NOT Christians. Wolves in sheep's
clothing, yes?

There are no levels above Master Mason.
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 21, 6:46*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

*He's considered the Eric von Daniken of Masonic conspiracy
theorists - by other Masonic conspiracy theorists.

Now, I like that....

Gene Kearns wrote in
:

2) Study the history of the creation of Christianity....

Agree or disagree with what you like..... but you owe it to yourself
to be an informed consumer....

And, he needs at least a cursory study of all the rest of the sun gods from
Horus to Jesus to be an informed consumer....not just the last.

I just watched Elizabeth and Elizabeth - The Golden Age off
alt.binaries.movies.divx. They're both posted and current over there, the
latter only a Russian cam copy, so far. It gives you another perspective
on the massive genocide the Catholic Church was willing to commit during
her reign to stop any free thinking, which would be bad for business....

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand shops

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I use!