Default Boat Performance Update

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:36:21 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:32:14 -0000,
wrote:

I hate intellectuals,
specially sarcastic ones

Not to worry, there aren't any in this group.

Ahem...

Oh wait...

Never mind.

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 01:20:56 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

I was seriously thinking of buying a 350 Yamaha if I bought the boat I
was thinking about.

Me too.

On second thought I think I'll stick with the DD 671s for their light
weight and cool sound.

Yamahas are for wussies, LT wussies.

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:43:53 -0400, HK wrote:

According to the performance charts on the engine manufacturers' web
sites, the fuel burn figures for the etec 150 and the yamaha 150 on the
same boat are virtually identical, well within the margins of error.
Published fuel burn figures obtained under similar circumstances are
worth looking at...anecdotal information is...well, anecdotal.

One thing we know for su If you break the laws of physics and
thermodynamics, you will end up room mates with OJ.

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:16:53 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

The old Whaler I recently purchased has a 25 hp Johnson on it. I *think*
(but am not sure) it's a 1993 engine. It looks very, very similar to the
little Johnson you had on the boat you just sold (Princecraft?).

Anyway, I had forgotten how fuel hungry the old 2 strokes are. 90 percent
of the time I am just putt-putting around the harbor with an occasional and
brief WOT run just to clear the carbs. I have a six gallon fuel tank and
I've already used more fuel in this boat than I have all summer on the GB.
Any idea what the fuel burn rate is with this engine? It *has* to be quite
high, even at trolling speeds.

About 3 gph at WOT, half that otherwise.
HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:43:00 -0400, HK wrote:

There are shiny stainless props, painted
stainless props, painted alum props, et cetera, and they are used in
different lines of props designed for different purposes.

The shiny stainless props are always the fastest.

How do I know?

Take a look at the props on any boat that goes past you at 90 mph.

The fastest prop I ever had was a two blade bronze on a hopped up 10 hp
Merc my dad built for me in 1953 out of the parts bin. I used to pull
that prop once a week and "polish" it.

wrote:

I was seriously thinking of buying a 350 Yamaha if I bought the boat I
was thinking about.

Me too.

On second thought I think I'll stick with the DD 671s for their light
weight and cool sound.

Yamahas are for wussies, LT wussies.

Booya!!!

Damn straight...

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:58:36 -0400, HK wrote:

The fastest prop I ever had was a two blade bronze on a hopped up 10 hp
Merc my dad built for me in 1953 out of the parts bin. I used to pull
that prop once a week and "polish" it.

Agreed, pretty fast for the 50s, no match for today's high performance
machinery however, all of which are running SS props.

Boat Sound Check Update JimH General 4 May 1st 06 12:42 AM
Performance coach and performance enhancing drugs... Allan Bennett UK Paddle 6 October 15th 05 08:25 PM
Jet Boat Performance Enhancement Chris S. General 1 September 20th 04 06:31 PM
"Chesapeake Bay Boat Buying" followup/Boat search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 December 15th 03 09:50 PM
Boat Search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 18 November 19th 03 02:19 PM