HK HK is offline

Default Boat Performance Update

I previously reported this:

2008 Parker 2100CC with Yamaha F150 and black stainless 15-1/4 x 15
three blade prop.

Two guys, full fuel load (100 gallons), cooler, ice, rods, and the usual
junk:

6000 rpm and 40 mph+ on both the GPS and built in Yamaha speedo. I think
there is a little more if I play with trim.

4000 rpm delivered 25+ mph, and 4500 produced just about 30 mph. I
"cruise" at 25 or so, and with a little trim fiddle, I was able to
achieve this with 3900 rpm, and about 6 gph.

UPDATE:

This past weekend out on the Patuxent River with my wife aboard and with
a buddy aboard, too, with 80 gallons of fuel in the tank and two
coolers, plus the bimini top up, and the usual assortment of stuff
you have to have with a female aboard, including a folding lounge chair (!):

We got 40+ mph at 5900 rpm in flat water. The acceleration is
outstanding with the 15-1/4 x 15 prop. The boat jumps right up on plane
when you firewall the throttle and you can almost immediately pull back
for a smooth cruise. Nice flat wake, too, and with the almost flat
through hull transducer, no little rooster tail off the transom.

I rarely will have more than two or three other people on this boat, so
I am well-pleased with the WOT figures, since with the damned chop on
the Bay much of time time, running at 25 mph is much more likely, and
even more likely many days, running in the low 20s. The fuel burn at
cruise is in the low 6 gph range.

When I was contemplating this new boat, I considered for a while going
with an F200. I'm glad I didn't...not for my usage on Chesapeake
Bay...the ideal match is the F150.
_________________

HK wrote:

I previously reported this:

2008 Parker 2100CC with Yamaha F150 and black stainless 15-1/4 x 15
three blade prop.

Two guys, full fuel load (100 gallons), cooler, ice, rods, and the usual
junk:

6000 rpm and 40 mph+ on both the GPS and built in Yamaha speedo. I think
there is a little more if I play with trim.

4000 rpm delivered 25+ mph, and 4500 produced just about 30 mph. I
"cruise" at 25 or so, and with a little trim fiddle, I was able to
achieve this with 3900 rpm, and about 6 gph.

UPDATE:

This past weekend out on the Patuxent River with my wife aboard and with
a buddy aboard, too, with 80 gallons of fuel in the tank and two
coolers, plus the bimini top up, and the usual assortment of stuff
you have to have with a female aboard, including a folding lounge chair
(!):

We got 40+ mph at 5900 rpm in flat water. The acceleration is
outstanding with the 15-1/4 x 15 prop. The boat jumps right up on plane
when you firewall the throttle and you can almost immediately pull back
for a smooth cruise. Nice flat wake, too, and with the almost flat
through hull transducer, no little rooster tail off the transom.

I rarely will have more than two or three other people on this boat, so
I am well-pleased with the WOT figures, since with the damned chop on
the Bay much of time time, running at 25 mph is much more likely, and
even more likely many days, running in the low 20s. The fuel burn at
cruise is in the low 6 gph range.

When I was contemplating this new boat, I considered for a while going
with an F200. I'm glad I didn't...not for my usage on Chesapeake
Bay...the ideal match is the F150.
_________________

That is great news. thanks for the update

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
HK wrote:

[...]

\

Would a silver prop perform better?

HK wrote:
[...]

No, the black prop delivers much better performance.

HK HK is offline

HK wrote:
[...]

You a**holes try sooooo hard, eh, Bill? Perhaps you and Reggie Retardo
can hook up in a Minneapolis airport men's room. Just tap your foot.

Prop color has some meaning in the Yamaha prop offerings. I'd explain,
but what's the point? I mean, this is "wrecked.boats," the playpen for
Junior Snarkers like you and your boatless, lifeless, nameless, jobless
dipstick of a buddy, Reggie Retardo.

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:00:48 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Would a silver prop perform better?

Of course not.

Black props are Ninja Props - automatically better.

wrote:

Would a silver prop perform better?

Of course not.

Black props are Ninja Props - automatically better.

Tom,
Does etec have as nice of a web site as Yamaha?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...home/home.aspx

I don't think so.

opps, I check them out, they have Yamaha beat in the web site catagory also.

Does etec have black props?

I don't think so .......

wrote:

Would a silver prop perform better?

Of course not.

Black props are Ninja Props - automatically better.

Tom,
Does etec have as nice of a web site as Yamaha?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...home/home.aspx

I don't think so.

opps, I check them out, they have Yamaha beat in the web site catagory also.

Does etec have black props?

I don't think so .......

I was seriously thinking of buying a 350 Yamaha if I bought the boat I
was thinking about.

Think I'll stick with 200 HO ETEC twins. When Scot and I were out
running around Narraganset Bay today, we burned 9 gallons of gas in
four hours.

And most of that was running time as we took the long way around a
couple of areas. WOT and cruise with about an hour trolling. It ran
four hours straight.

Not bad - 2.40 gph.

Not bad at all. :)
HK HK is offline

wrote:

[...]

How many hours at WOT? How many hours at "cruise," and at what RPMS?
Nine gallons? Hehehe.

wrote:

[...]

Hehehe all you want Parker Boy...

Unlike you, I have a witness who posts here. :)

HE HE HE!!!

Boat Sound Check Update JimH General 4 May 1st 06 12:42 AM
Performance coach and performance enhancing drugs... Allan Bennett UK Paddle 6 October 15th 05 08:25 PM
Jet Boat Performance Enhancement Chris S. General 1 September 20th 04 06:31 PM
"Chesapeake Bay Boat Buying" followup/Boat search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 December 15th 03 09:50 PM
Boat Search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 18 November 19th 03 02:19 PM