HK HK is offline

Default Boat Performance Update

I previously reported this:

2008 Parker 2100CC with Yamaha F150 and black stainless 15-1/4 x 15
three blade prop.

Two guys, full fuel load (100 gallons), cooler, ice, rods, and the usual
junk:

6000 rpm and 40 mph+ on both the GPS and built in Yamaha speedo. I think
there is a little more if I play with trim.

4000 rpm delivered 25+ mph, and 4500 produced just about 30 mph. I
"cruise" at 25 or so, and with a little trim fiddle, I was able to
achieve this with 3900 rpm, and about 6 gph.

UPDATE:

This past weekend out on the Patuxent River with my wife aboard and with
a buddy aboard, too, with 80 gallons of fuel in the tank and two
coolers, plus the bimini top up, and the usual assortment of stuff
you have to have with a female aboard, including a folding lounge chair (!):

We got 40+ mph at 5900 rpm in flat water. The acceleration is
outstanding with the 15-1/4 x 15 prop. The boat jumps right up on plane
when you firewall the throttle and you can almost immediately pull back
for a smooth cruise. Nice flat wake, too, and with the almost flat
through hull transducer, no little rooster tail off the transom.

I rarely will have more than two or three other people on this boat, so
I am well-pleased with the WOT figures, since with the damned chop on
the Bay much of time time, running at 25 mph is much more likely, and
even more likely many days, running in the low 20s. The fuel burn at
cruise is in the low 6 gph range.

When I was contemplating this new boat, I considered for a while going
with an F200. I'm glad I didn't...not for my usage on Chesapeake
Bay...the ideal match is the F150.