Default Boat Performance Update

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

That's what you say.

I've yet to see evidence of it.

Therefore, it's imaginary.

Just saying...

SWS,
All I have to say is I have a really nice imaginary boat, and a really
nice imaginary wife and 3 kids, who love to go the imaginary lake.

Now, what did I do with those blue pills?

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 00:58:45 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

All I have to say is I have a really nice imaginary boat, and a really
nice imaginary wife and 3 kids, who love to go the imaginary lake.

Just a demonstration of the how's and why's. I have no reason to
doubt you and I respect your attempt at anonymity, but I would posit
that all it would take is some time, a little effort and the whole
world would know who you were.

My larger point is still valid. It doesn't matter if Harry had a
"lobsta" boat or not - it proves nothing. If he made an attempt to
present evidence that was refuted - so what? It doesn't matter. Does
it make him a "bad" guy? No. A little odd certainly, but a bad
person? Does your insistence on using a numb due plum - an alter ego
- make you a bad guy? No.

It's Usenet - there's a lot of bull**** and Walter Mitty types running
around in electronic form. :) Matters not.

Now, what did I do with those blue pills?

The dog ate 'em.

wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

That's what you say.

I've yet to see evidence of it.

Therefore, it's imaginary.

Just saying...

SWS,
All I have to say is I have a really nice imaginary boat, and a really
nice imaginary wife and 3 kids, who love to go the imaginary lake.

Now, what did I do with those blue pills?

I wonder which is more imaginary, the lobsta boat, your lake, or Harry's
'filters'?

Tom, if you're reading this, how would you rate those for 'imagination'?

wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

That's what you say.

I've yet to see evidence of it.

Therefore, it's imaginary.

Just saying...

SWS,
All I have to say is I have a really nice imaginary boat, and a really
nice imaginary wife and 3 kids, who love to go the imaginary lake.

Now, what did I do with those blue pills?

I wonder which is more imaginary, the lobsta boat, your lake, or Harry's
'filters'?

Tom, if you're reading this, how would you rate those for 'imagination'?

Here - let me speak very slowly...

I DON'T CARE...
HK HK is offline

wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

That's what you say.

I've yet to see evidence of it.

Therefore, it's imaginary.

Just saying...
SWS,
All I have to say is I have a really nice imaginary boat, and a really
nice imaginary wife and 3 kids, who love to go the imaginary lake.

Now, what did I do with those blue pills?

I wonder which is more imaginary, the lobsta boat, your lake, or Harry's
'filters'?

Tom, if you're reading this, how would you rate those for 'imagination'?

Here - let me speak very slowly...

I DON'T CARE...

But SW, John and his cohorts *want* you to care. Caring about their
cares is very important to them.

wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

That's what you say.

I've yet to see evidence of it.

Therefore, it's imaginary.

Just saying...

SWS,
All I have to say is I have a really nice imaginary boat, and a really
nice imaginary wife and 3 kids, who love to go the imaginary lake.

Now, what did I do with those blue pills?

I wonder which is more imaginary, the lobsta boat, your lake, or Harry's
'filters'?

Tom, if you're reading this, how would you rate those for 'imagination'?

Here - let me speak very slowly...

I DON'T CARE...

Better make that slower and louder. For a former teacher, our John doesn't
learn his lessons very well!

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:24:53 -0400, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 07:52:09 -0400, HK wrote:

"I'm not trying to compare SW's fuel burn to mine. My point is that on
two identical boats, operated identically at cruise speeds, one with an
etec and the other with a yamaha or suzuki four stroke, the differences
in fuel burn would not be that significant."

There's no real argument with that statement, is there?

Yes there is - after all, this is rec.bots - standard operating
procedure. :)

While I agree that you would almost have to swap engines on the same
boat to make it absolutely "scientific", you can compare, or make some
pretty good estimates, of what fuel consumption would be even
comparing results from different engines on different boats.

And I'm saying that ETEC will provide a significant increase in fuel
efficiency, both short term and long term, over any four stroke design
available today. In other words, given the mileage/idle/cruise/WOT
time on that same trip, I'm saying that your boat would have used more
fuel and cost more to run than mine.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Now I understand the meaning of the word...jarhead! :}

"More" is one of those words like "significant." If over a day in which
the two engines ran six hours gunnel to gunnel, and the total fuel burn
for one engine was, say, 19 gallons, and the fuel burn for the other
engine was, say, 17 or 21 gallons, that would not be significant to my
wallet.

I'd love to put my ETEC on your boat and watch your ugly mug turn
green with envy using half the amount of fuel you normally use with
that ancient egg beater you have now. :)

Not worth the work for 5 gallons of fuel at most.

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:42:25 -0500, John H.
wrote:

No, Harry, I don't 'want' SW (anonymous, BTW) to do anything

Really?

Tell me John - what's my first name? How about my last name? What's
the name of my LLC? What town in CT do I live in? How many kids do I
have? What's Mrs. Wave do for a living.

Anonymous?

Man, you really are a piece of work.

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:03:57 -0300, "Don White"

.. .

wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

That's what you say.

I've yet to see evidence of it.

Therefore, it's imaginary.

Just saying...

SWS,
All I have to say is I have a really nice imaginary boat, and a really
nice imaginary wife and 3 kids, who love to go the imaginary lake.

Now, what did I do with those blue pills?

I wonder which is more imaginary, the lobsta boat, your lake, or Harry's
'filters'?

Tom, if you're reading this, how would you rate those for 'imagination'?

Here - let me speak very slowly...

I DON'T CARE...

Better make that slower and louder. For a former teacher, our John doesn't
learn his lessons very well!

I guess your mom must be doing well. You seem to have a lot of time to post
derogatory comments without provocation. Do you find that to be more
enjoyable?

Boat Sound Check Update JimH General 4 May 1st 06 12:42 AM
Performance coach and performance enhancing drugs... Allan Bennett UK Paddle 6 October 15th 05 08:25 PM
Jet Boat Performance Enhancement Chris S. General 1 September 20th 04 06:31 PM
"Chesapeake Bay Boat Buying" followup/Boat search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 December 15th 03 09:50 PM
Boat Search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 18 November 19th 03 02:19 PM