Default Boat Performance Update

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:01:44 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:

You f'n pervert. You are the one most likely to be in the 2 holer with a
plastic raincoat on while spying on both men and women. Since you now
actually appear to own a boat and have actually used it, seems as if you
have to describe all. My Yamaha T-8 came with a white prop. When I got the
prop straightened they painted it black. does not seem to be a noticable
difference in performance. The black prop worked well on Tuesday while
trolling for lake trout at Lake Tahoe. Caught a small 12" one and a nice
24" one. Both released to be caught another day. Maybe if I paint the
stainless impellers in my jetdrive, I can get another 20-30 knots of
performance?

As you use the black prop, you will notice the black paint will peel
away. Your performance will deteriorate as the paint peels.

Oh shoot -- *this* is the prop thread!

wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:

You f'n pervert. You are the one most likely to be in the 2 holer with a
plastic raincoat on while spying on both men and women. Since you now
actually appear to own a boat and have actually used it, seems as if you
have to describe all. My Yamaha T-8 came with a white prop. When I got the
prop straightened they painted it black. does not seem to be a noticable
difference in performance. The black prop worked well on Tuesday while
trolling for lake trout at Lake Tahoe. Caught a small 12" one and a nice
24" one. Both released to be caught another day. Maybe if I paint the
stainless impellers in my jetdrive, I can get another 20-30 knots of
performance?

As you use the black prop, you will notice the black paint will peel
away. Your performance will deteriorate as the paint peels.

Oh shoot -- *this* is the prop thread!

Yes, and remember "Black Power".

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:03:11 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:42:16 -0400, HK wrote:

I could run my boat for four hours, including some time at WOT and
cruising speed, and also honestly report a fuel burn of X gallons for
the adventure. But unless the information is presented in a standardized
format, it is only anecdotal.
Well, let's do it.

I'm going down to SC in the middle of October - let's set something up
for when I return. Split the cost of the boat trip.

Test the information and compare results.

Tom, make sure you go for a test run on Harry's other boat, the elusive
Lobster Boat.

Well, here's the way I look at it.

I don't give a flying rats a$$ about it.

How's that?

Further, unless I see an image of your boat, I'll assume that you
don't have one either. You seem intent on phantom boats, prove you
own one.

Otherwise, drop it - it's stupid and silly.

I really don't care if anyone believes I have a boat or not, I have
never made my boat a priority and created a long series of threads as
"my boat" was being custom built. I have never used my boat as my basis
of comparison to other individuals boat. But if I wanted to, I could
publish many photos of my boat, and get a new boat every year. I seem to
remember both photos and a sound wave of the Lobster Boats horn.
Dan Dan is offline

Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

You f'n pervert. You are the one most likely to be in the 2 holer with a
plastic raincoat on while spying on both men and women.

Ahh...been swapping spit with Zell Miller again, eh?

Since you now
actually appear to own a boat and have actually used it, seems as if you
have to describe all. My Yamaha T-8 came with a white prop. When I got
the prop straightened they painted it black. does not seem to be a
noticable difference in performance. The black prop worked well on
Tuesday while trolling for lake trout at Lake Tahoe. Caught a small 12"
one and a nice 24" one. Both released to be caught another day. Maybe
if I paint the stainless impellers in my jetdrive, I can get another
20-30 knots of performance?

The paint is not there for performance, booze-for-brains, it is there on
the Yamaha selections to differentiate between one line and style of props
and several others. There are shiny stainless props, painted stainless
props, painted alum props, et cetera, and they are used in different lines
of props designed for different purposes.

Now, you may return to your third six pack of the day.

Don't base others alcohol intake on your life style.

You do know you are replying to a moron with a mental disorder, right?
Narcissism can force them to make insane statements that they truly
believe and will defend until the end.

Dan
Dan Dan is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 07:52:09 -0400, HK wrote:

"I'm not trying to compare SW's fuel burn to mine. My point is that on
two identical boats, operated identically at cruise speeds, one with an
etec and the other with a yamaha or suzuki four stroke, the differences
in fuel burn would not be that significant."

There's no real argument with that statement, is there?

Yes there is - after all, this is rec.bots - standard operating
procedure. :)

While I agree that you would almost have to swap engines on the same
boat to make it absolutely "scientific", you can compare, or make some
pretty good estimates, of what fuel consumption would be even
comparing results from different engines on different boats.

And I'm saying that ETEC will provide a significant increase in fuel
efficiency, both short term and long term, over any four stroke design
available today. In other words, given the mileage/idle/cruise/WOT
time on that same trip, I'm saying that your boat would have used more
fuel and cost more to run than mine.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Do you happen to know the difference in weight? The 4 stroke should be
quite a bit heavier.

Dan

Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:
[...]

Now I understand the meaning of the word...jarhead! :}

"More" is one of those words like "significant." If over a day in which
the two engines ran six hours gunnel to gunnel, and the total fuel burn
for one engine was, say, 19 gallons, and the fuel burn for the other
engine was, say, 17 or 21 gallons, that would not be significant to my
wallet.

Not with the extremely limited use of your boat. To a typical boater
that would be more significant.

-dk
Dan Dan is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:42:16 -0400, HK wrote:

I could run my boat for four hours, including some time at WOT and
cruising speed, and also honestly report a fuel burn of X gallons for
the adventure. But unless the information is presented in a
standardized format, it is only anecdotal.

Well, let's do it.

I'm going down to SC in the middle of October - let's set something up
for when I return. Split the cost of the boat trip.

Test the information and compare results.

Tom, make sure you go for a test run on Harry's other boat, the elusive
Lobster Boat.

"Elusive"? You don't really believe that, do you? "Imaginary" would be
more accurate.

-Dan

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:31:39 -0400, Dan intrceptor@gmaildotcom
wrote:

[...]

The difference, dry weight, is minor and any "weight" advantage is
suspect. The ETEC 200 HO (my engine) is 509 pounds. The Yamaha 200
HP four stroke is 585 pounds dry.

My engine has a 90 degree block, the Yamaha is 60 degree block, but
high compression. Mine is 200 CUI, the Yamaha is 206 CUI.

So comparatively, they are relatively the same except for the block
angle with a slight advantage to ETEC in weight which isn't
significant.

wrote:

[...]

That's what you say.

I've yet to see evidence of it.

Therefore, it's imaginary.

Just saying...

Boat Sound Check Update JimH General 4 May 1st 06 12:42 AM
Performance coach and performance enhancing drugs... Allan Bennett UK Paddle 6 October 15th 05 08:25 PM
Jet Boat Performance Enhancement Chris S. General 1 September 20th 04 06:31 PM
"Chesapeake Bay Boat Buying" followup/Boat search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 December 15th 03 09:50 PM
Boat Search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 18 November 19th 03 02:19 PM