Paul

Default Hose off, now Thruhull problem!

This has to be one of the most interesting and entertaining threads I've
read since I've been here. What is actually happening to the boat has become
secondary to me, I'm just fascinated with watching it all unfold.

I think Peggie had the best line so far with the "it's not enough to own my
book, you have to read it too". That one totally cracked me up.

But Lloyd isn't far behind with:

And the flaw in YOUR logic, darlin', is that I'm not using logic

Peggie Hall

WaIIy wrote:

If you download the .pdf files from the Raritan site (3 files) for the
Sea Era, you can see the pictures and drawings of the discharge port
for the toilet. Part number 161130 which is the discharge fitting,
appears to have a graduated fitting which ends in 1" and steps up to 1
1/2" closer to the toilet body so you can fit a 1 1/2" hose.

The instructions (one of the .pdf files) state "Connect quality
sanitation hose 1" (25mm) or 1 1/2" (38mm) I.D. to discharge
fitting on the toilet.

According to the drawings and pictures, you would have to saw the end of
the fitting off to make it 1 1/2". After studying the exploded parts
view, I will saw the 1" part off of the fitting and go with 1 1/2".
The brochure says it fits 1" and 1 1/2" with no adapters.

It's not necessary to cut it off. The straight
discharge nozzle on the SeaEra head can accomodate either 1"
hose or 1 1/2" hose. Just warm the hose and push the 1 1/2" hose over
the fitting till you get a really TIGHT fit, and then double clamp it.

Raritan specifically designed the discharge fitting so that it can be
used with either the standard 1.5" discharge hose, or when replacing an
older Jabsco toilet that has 1" hose without the need to replace the
fitting or modify it...although I can't imagine WHY anyone would replace
an old toilet without also replacing old hose.

Raritan says either way...

Not quite...they just designed the fitting to LET you do it either way
without any adapters if you already have 1" hose and don't want to
replace it. The reason: the SeaEra was designed to be an identical
replacement/upgrade for the Jabsco 37010...even the mounting bolt
patterns match. They only offer that fitting with it to make it as easy
as possible to replace a Jabsco toilet with it.

I was guessing at 8', it's more like 6'. Currently it goes up to a "Y"
valve and then forward to the tank. I figure that is over ten feet
total hose length. When I replumb, it will be about six.

Is your boat sail or power? If sail, I have a couple of suggestions for
tank fittings placement and plumbing that will help to keep waste out
of the head discharge hose and vent when you're heeled.

(And btw, there are two chapters in my book devoted to installing a head
and tank and replacing hoses...step by step instructions that should
make the job a bit easier (there's no way to actually make it easy) and
a LOT more pleasant).

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Is problem with O-Ring Seal or Valve Body Rural Knight General 10 December 7th 04 07:39 PM
How do I get a hose on a fitting? Lloyd Sumpter General 21 August 22nd 03 05:43 PM
Yahmaha Problem Frank General 0 August 19th 03 10:01 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM
96 Sea Doo Speedster Starting Problem - Odd Noise From ElectricalBox? David Wolfenbarger General 0 July 17th 03 02:51 AM