Peggie Hall

Default Hose off, now Thruhull problem!

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
Sorry, again a misunderstanding. I REMOVED the sink connection and
replaced it with the holding tank outflow. No T.

Oh...that's a little different! You had me worried!

Reducing the macerator output hose by 25% (from 1" to 3/4") could cause
some backup from the thru-hull to the macerator...there's usually a
reason why equipment mfrs spec output size and it has to do with whether
the pump is pushing it through a hose faster than the hose size will
let it flow.

The sink now drains into
the bilge (we don't use it much anyway)

Yccch...that oughta keep your boat smelling great.

In my experience, it's always cheaper and easier in the long run to do
anything right the first time than it is to jury rig it and then go back
and do it over--or worse yet, have to keep on jury rigging and working
around the jury rig to keep it working. Sooner or later you're gonna
have to haul the boat--even if only for a short haul--to service/replace
all the thru-hulls...why not just do it all now and get it over with?

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327