Lloyd Sumpter

Default Hose off, now Thruhull problem!

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 04:09:46 +0000, Peggie Hall wrote:

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
There's no way I'm messing with this while it's in the water (I can just
see me reefing on a 2-ft pipewrench to try to get the fitting free and
cracking the thruhull itself...). So, I "closed" the valve and capped the
fitting, then used the sink thruhull (3/4") for the holding tank outlet.
Not too big a stretch: the macerator outlet is 1". I converted the outlet
hose from 1 1/2" to 1" as well, to reduce the backwash when the pump
stops. I figure if it has to go through a foot of 1" hose, why not 10 ft?

I'll make do with the smaller thruhull until I haul the boat, then "get
serious" with the bigger one.

Since you've already done it, the only thing left for me to say is, Oy vey!

Peggie

OK, so it's not up to "Peggy Standard"

But what do you think of using 1" hose for the outlet, rather than 1" for
a foot or so, an adapter, and 1.5" the rest of the way? Seems cleaner,
less backwash, and as I said, the output as to go through SOME 1" hose
anyway...

Lloyd