Keith

Default Hose off, now Thruhull problem!

....and don't blindly trust a surveyor! Kick and poke at everything while
it's still someone else's boat.

--

Keith
__
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:48:45 -0700, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

Hi,

Finally got that old hose off with a hacksaw and a fair amount of
flame. Problem is, I STILL haven't found the blockage! I usually find

that
if the blockage is in the thruhull, opening the valve with the hose off
gives a blast of reverse water that clears it. This time, NOTHING! not a
trickle.

Obviously, I can't remove the thruhull without hauling the boat, so

I'm
looking for alternatives. One thought - could the handle on the thruhull
be broken and the valve is just not opening? Seems to be doing
something... Or, I can get my Lady the semi-fish to dive under and poke

at
it from the outside with a stick, making sure she doesn't leave the stick

in.
If that doesn't work, can I use the 1" thruhull currently used for the
head sink drain? Either T it, or live without a sink in the head until I
haul the boat.

Comments? Suggestions?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - c/w holding tank where water goes in, but

doesn't
go out...

Not sure this applies, but this just happened in the marina. New
owners bought a trawler after getting a clean bill of health from the
surveyor.

Minor maintenance issue arose and the owner closed the seacock.....
well, not exactly..... it broke off in his hand! Panic city.....
plugging.... quick trip to an emergency haul out.

All through hulls and sea cocks were badly corroded and had to be
replaced.

Moral:

Walk softly and don't use such a big stick.....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.