Reggie Smithers

Default Support the Danish!

Doug Kanter wrote:

Doug,
I am curious, do you mean the newspaper is run by an editorial staff that
is comprised mostly of those who believe in Judah/Christian values, or do
you mean the newspaper is run by an organization whose main objective is
to promote Christianity?

Odd question. Statistically speaking, most newspapers in Western countries
will fall into your first category, since most Western countries are largely
Christian. As far as the second category, such publications *do* exist:

Yes, I know most newspapers run in Western countries fall into the first
category, and yes I know there are newspapers that fall into the 2nd
category.

My question to you was "when you said it a "Christian Newspaper" what
category were you using to label the newspaper a "Christian newspaper".

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Doug Kanter

"Reggie Smithers" wrote in message
. ..
Doug Kanter wrote:

Doug,
I am curious, do you mean the newspaper is run by an editorial staff
that is comprised mostly of those who believe in Judah/Christian values,
or do you mean the newspaper is run by an organization whose main
objective is to promote Christianity?

Odd question. Statistically speaking, most newspapers in Western
countries will fall into your first category, since most Western
countries are largely Christian. As far as the second category, such
publications *do* exist:

Yes, I know most newspapers run in Western countries fall into the first
category, and yes I know there are newspapers that fall into the 2nd
category.

My question to you was "when you said it a "Christian Newspaper" what
category were you using to label the newspaper a "Christian newspaper".

I heard "published by a Christian newspaper", or some combination of those
words. That's all. Since I do not listen to news sources which employ stupid
writers, I am 100% positive they did not mean a newspaper which falls into
your first category.

Doug Kanter

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:34:47 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 03:10:29 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Really, I don't. Heard it on at least 3 news sources within 48 hours of
the
initial occurrence. But, it really doesn't matter.

well, yes it does because if it was a christian newspaper, then that
is a whole different story. and i have looked and looked and looked
and cant find a reference to a christian newspaper.

Tom, if you think I'm inventing this, let me know, and give me a good
reason
why I'd do so. Unfortunately, money's been tight, so a few months back, I
had to fire the secretary who used to follow me around and take notes any
time I wanted to track something which might be of interest to this
newsgroup. Otherwise, I'd have the precise date & time I heard this, the
source, the reporter's name & shoe size, etc.

Here's an angle: Can you think of any reasons why news editors & producers
might've dropped the "Christian" aspect of this story very quickly?

forget it - as you said - no biggie.

I think the non-Danish media are stepping very lightly around this, since
the initial incident. You can imagine the results if they did otherwise.

thunder

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:41:18 +0000, Doug Kanter wrote:

Go do a search at www.npr.org. That's usually the first radio station I
tune to in the car. Next would be our local right-wing Clear Channel
disaster, WHAM.

The original cartoons were published Sept.30 in Jyllands-Posten. I'm not
sure, but I don't believe it's a "Christian" newspaper. The following
link has the paper's rationale for the cartoons.

http://www.jp.dk/udland/tema:fid=11328/

The cartoons:

http://blog.newspaperindex.com/2005/...posten-racism/

Interesting debate, freedom of speech vs. religious sensibilities. To
place it closer to home, to those in the freedom of speech camp, did you
also support Serrano's freedom to display his **** Christ?

http://www.usc.edu/schools/annenberg...mages/502.html
Doug Kanter

"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:41:18 +0000, Doug Kanter wrote:

Go do a search at www.npr.org. That's usually the first radio station I
tune to in the car. Next would be our local right-wing Clear Channel
disaster, WHAM.

The original cartoons were published Sept.30 in Jyllands-Posten. I'm not
sure, but I don't believe it's a "Christian" newspaper. The following
link has the paper's rationale for the cartoons.

http://www.jp.dk/udland/tema:fid=11328/

The cartoons:

http://blog.newspaperindex.com/2005/...posten-racism/

Interesting debate, freedom of speech vs. religious sensibilities. To
place it closer to home, to those in the freedom of speech camp, did you
also support Serrano's freedom to display his **** Christ?

http://www.usc.edu/schools/annenberg...mages/502.html

Hadn't seen it. But, there might be a difference. Muslims believe it's a bad
thing to portray their god in any way at all. Christians don't have such
issues with the mere existence of images of JC. The *nature* of an image of
JC is another issue entirely.

DSK

thunder wrote:
The original cartoons were published Sept.30 in Jyllands-Posten. I'm not
sure, but I don't believe it's a "Christian" newspaper. The following
link has the paper's rationale for the cartoons.

http://www.jp.dk/udland/tema:fid=11328/

The cartoons:

http://blog.newspaperindex.com/2005/...posten-racism/

Interesting debate, freedom of speech vs. religious sensibilities. To
place it closer to home, to those in the freedom of speech camp, did you
also support Serrano's freedom to display his **** Christ?

http://www.usc.edu/schools/annenberg...mages/502.html

I don't understand why it's a "freedom of speech" issue.
It's an issue of Muslim hate-mongers convincing a lot of
ignorant peasants that the rules of Islam should somehow
apply to Danes also.

Do Catholics riot & burn every time somebody tells a joke
about the Pope?

DSK

Doug Kanter

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:40:21 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:34:47 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

m...
wrote:

[...]

my take is that american media wont show the cartoons because they are
afraid that their buildings will be burned down, they will be murdered
or a combination of the two.

Sounds like a good reason.

Dan J.S. wrote:
After reading about Denmark and their problems with the Arabs I have found a
few ways to support the country.

First we can write our own Senators and President. President is at
www.whitehouse.gov Senators are easy to google.

yada, yada, yada..............

Too late for me to "support" the Danish. I had it with coffee for
breakfast.

This group is rec.boats, not wrecked votes.

Ever occur to you that (at least among folks who go boating) one reason
people like to get out on the water is to forget, at least temporarily,
about all the bull crap in the world?
This is a NG dedicated to discussing that enjoyable recreational
activity. There are hundreds of groups out there for talking politics.
This was just such a place, until recently, but perhaps you'd consider
taking a cue from the current bahavior of the majority (or realize that
with the exception of a couple of folks you reeled in with this you're
talking to yourself). If you won't or can't discuss boats and boating,
would you consider at least leaving the major political and religious
crap in another NG?

Yeah, we've all got the option not to read your incendiary junk- but
its mere presence here tends to attract more of the same. I'm sure
there must be some appropriate site where people who want to discuss
how "Arabs" are making problems for the Danish can get together and
solve the problems of the world.

I think I'll go see if the wire racks in my toaster will support
another Danish. :-)

Doug Kanter

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:37:51 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

but equaly offensive wouldn't you say?

Might depend on where it was published. How "in your face" was it? If Robert
Mapplethorpe's work had been in the editorial section of a newspaper, I
would've been outraged (as a parent). But, his work was interesting, and he
had every right to show it in venues where people knew what they were
getting into beforehand.

Frankly, I didn't find the **** Christ image such a big deal. Without the
title, it looked like just another heavily affected image.

Reggie Smithers

thunder wrote:
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:41:18 +0000, Doug Kanter wrote:

Go do a search at www.npr.org. That's usually the first radio station I
tune to in the car. Next would be our local right-wing Clear Channel
disaster, WHAM.

The original cartoons were published Sept.30 in Jyllands-Posten. I'm not
sure, but I don't believe it's a "Christian" newspaper. The following
link has the paper's rationale for the cartoons.

http://www.jp.dk/udland/tema:fid=11328/

The cartoons:

http://blog.newspaperindex.com/2005/...posten-racism/

Interesting debate, freedom of speech vs. religious sensibilities. To
place it closer to home, to those in the freedom of speech camp, did you
also support Serrano's freedom to display his **** Christ?

http://www.usc.edu/schools/annenberg...mages/502.html

This is an interesting comparison between the "**** Christ" and Islamic
censorship.