Doug Kanter

Default Support the Danish!

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:49:12 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:15:59 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

OK....stop the special bus at the next corner, open the window, and tell
me
about your delusion:

1) A (typically) stupid Christian publication starts this whole mess by
publishing a picture that offends an (equally) stupid bunch of Muslims.

nothing ive read about this says that.

you got a quote or something?

Having a quote requires sitting down for the news. My day primarily runs
as
follows: If I'm working, I'm working. I'm not reading news online. If I'm
paying attention to news, I'm not working. I'm getting it from radio or TV
sources. What I said in that post is based on listening to NBC, ABC,
Public
TV, some BBC (from Canada), etc.

If the cartoon had been published in Rolling Stone, nobody on earth, not
even Muslim wackos, would've assumed our government supported such things.
But, stick it in a publication run by "Christians", and suddenly it has
undeserved validity.

thats odd - i havent seen any references to a - christian - newspaper.

hmmmm....

Who do you think published it? The Danish government? If the NY Times had
published it, and it resulted in violence against our embassies, do you
seriously believe Bush, Rove, Limbaugh and other government luminaries would
be fluffing their feathers and defending the newspaper's views? Seriously?

Doug Kanter

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 02:28:39 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:49:12 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

m...
wrote:

[...]

i dont know. you said it was a christian newspaper - i havent seen
anything that references a christian newspaper. im quite sure i would
have noticed it reading about it or it would have been all over the
political blogs i read - havent seen one thing about it being a
christian newspaper.

i did see that it was a small newspaper, but the cartoonists are noted
political cartoonists in denmark.

i dont know - i was only asking for a reference.

ill keep looking for a specific reference to a christian newspaper if
you dont have one at the moment.

no worries.

Really, I don't. Heard it on at least 3 news sources within 48 hours of the
initial occurrence. But, it really doesn't matter.

Dan J.S.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Dan J.S." wrote in message
After reading about Denmark and their problems with the Arabs I have
found a few ways to support the country.

OK....stop the special bus at the next corner, open the window, and tell
me about your delusion:

1) A (typically) stupid Christian publication starts this whole mess by
publishing a picture that offends an (equally) stupid bunch of Muslims.

2) The Danish government responds by saying it supports free speech,
instead of saying "Hey...you got a problem with that cartoon? Take it up
with these shmucks". By doing so, it creates an image of solidarity with
the shmucks. The audience is...guess who? Religious fanatics in the
Middle East, precisely equivalent to the morons who published the
cartoons. No brains on either side. Free speech and separation of church
& state? Alien concepts. The Muslim shmucks assume that the Danish
government is arm in arm with the Christian shmucks. Great.

3) The Danish government sees its holdings around the world being
attacked, and you think we should say one friggin' word in its support,
when it could've distanced itself from the PRIVATELY RUN PUBLICATION
that started the mess?

If Forbes Magazine, or Time or Newseek had published the cartoons first,
you would've come up with all sorts of reasons why "it's different".
But, a Christian publication somehow deserves "support" when its actions
generate conflict.

Bull****.

i forgot

islam - new religion of liberals

No, robot. You assume a Christian newspaper is somehow superior because
the details of that religion's sins occurred just a bit too far in the
past to be accurately chronicled by web links. Too bad. The two religions
are the same.

yes, Christians are running around burning down buildings when anyone makes
fun of them. Plus, most of the papers were not Christian. Don't turn this
around like some Christian newspaper is targeting Islam.

How about the daily jew cartoons that Islamic newspaper publish. Where is
the outrage there?

Islamists are idiots.

Dan J.S.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 02:28:39 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:49:12 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

om...
wrote:

[...]

on google news I did a search for cartoon christian danish and came up with
all the stories on the issue, but nothing suggesting the original newspaper
was a christian one. I am now looking at what Danish newspapers are
christian. I think some liberals are twisting this one.

JimH

wrote:

[...]

Sure it does, and you made it so by making this statement: "A (typically)
stupid Christian publication..."

You have been asked several times to provide a link or some proof that the
publication was a "Christian" publication and all you have done is offered
excuses.

Now you say it really doesn't matter.

Interesting.

Doug Kanter

news:fiiiu15fir1tqmtujj2hpgd7m6c1e1vge1@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

Go do a search at www.npr.org. That's usually the first radio station I tune
to in the car. Next would be our local right-wing Clear Channel disaster,
WHAM.

JimH

wrote:

[...]

You made the claim Doug........you do the search and provide the proof.

Still waiting...........................

Doug Kanter

"Dan J.S." wrote in message
[...]

Perhaps Israelis (and Jews in general) realize that cartoons don't matter.
If they did, there'd be a whole slew of American political cartoonists in
prison by now, or at least their phones would be tapped. I'm not defending
the current violence against Danish properties, by the way. I *do* object to
any attempt on your president's part to make political hay out of the
situation.

Remember when Islamic kids were reenacting the Watts riots in Paris last
year, and how people like NOYB were predicting Armegeddon based on those
riots? Yawn.....

JimH

"Dan J.S." wrote in message
[...]

Sort of like Jimmy Carter and other Democrats did during Mrs. King's funeral
yesterday? What a shameful display on their part.

Doug Kanter

"Dan J.S." wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, I heard about that. Inexcusable and obnoxious.