JR North

Default Not all offshore tech support sux

Symantec PCAnywhere is great. Can't vouch for the rest of their rather
lengthy resume.
JR

Harry Krause wrote:

I spent several hours on the phone yesterday with a charming woman in
India who really, truly knew her stuff and helped me resolve a rather
arcane problem with my Win XP Pro installation. Not only did she know
what she was doing, but in the processes, took me through a lengthy,
methodical teaching session on NFTS. Her accented English was a bit
tough at times, but we got through it. It would be nice, though, if
Microsoft spent a bit more on whatever telephone services it uses to
make "overseas" tech support possible.

I've also had good experiences with tech support based in Costa Rica.

The worst "tech support" I've encountered? Symantec. Blech. Incompetent
techs who seem unable to do anything beyond read through posted tech
notes. I've dumped all the Symantec software, except for a directory no
one seems to know how to remove.