Jasper Windvane

Default Offshore in a Bristol 32, Full Keel, Cutter Rig

I looked at a Bristol 32' sailboat yesterday. The boat is in pretty decent
condition. It is cutter rigged with a bowsprit. The remainder of the boat
is the usual cruising setup. V berth up forward, head amidships, hanging
locker across from head, main cabin has galley [not much of one], some
cabinets, food storage area [it is the original setup so the
cooler/icebox/refrigerator is dated both in material and design], the boat
has a diesel engine [30hp]. On deck, in the cockpit, their is wheel
steering, winches [worn, age showing] lockers, etc.

The boat needs some work but not much. The bowsprit is pretty sweet.

Now, if any of you know this boat or someone who has sailed it and you have
been on one offshore ...

Could you tell me how the Bristol 32 "takes it". Also, is this a hard boat
to single hand?

It isn't as large "below" as I thought it would be. The V berth forward was
small and claustrophobic.

I guess I thought the boat would be larger than it looked in the pictures I
saw before I saw and stepped on the boat.

If I was to buy the boat; what cruising gear would I need? What offshore
gear would be recommended? How would "you" approach this project if you
were thinking offshore, Florida, maybe further?

Any and all thoughts.

Thanks,,

Jasper

ps.. it is snowing outside ......... HELP