Don White

Default OT Stress Test

Bryan wrote:
"RCE" wrote in message

"Bryan" wrote in message
et...

I knowingly met my first Canadians in 1983 in Puerto Vallarta. I joined
some friends for the last half of their vacation and then I stayed for a
few extra days and met my Canadians. The Canadians were easy people to
hook up with; nothing but good times with some good folks. We covered PV
pretty well. I just remembered that trip and those people a couple of
months ago. Good memories.

I recently sold a 5th wheel camper to a young lady from Quebec, Canada.
Both my wife and I were impressed with her very polite, friendly and
trusting nature. She went out of her way to make sure we were as
comfortable with the deal as she was. Refreshing, in this day and age.

RCE

There was a John Candy movie involving a clandestine military (more like
militia) invasion of Canada. One of the scenes involved the humor
surrounding the politeness of Canadians even as they were being invaded,
captured, and restrained. I sure do miss John Candy (everyone's Uncle
Buck).

I'm sure it could happen, but so far I've never met an unpleasant Canadian.
Then again maybe I should read some archived rec.boats threads to see if
that's really true.

If we were unpleasant... the Devil made us do it!
(little dig at that Nat Guard fly boy who killed four Canadian soldiers)
JohnH

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:12:29 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:30:55 GMT, "Bryan"
wrote:

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"RCE" wrote in message news:5KqdnUuhe8HnEH7eRVn-

I am also very protective of my prostate gland. Believer in the theory
of "leave well enough alone!"

write that down somewhere so they can engrave it on your headstone.

You know, RCE's statement and John's response bring up the subject of more
life at any price. I'm not sure that each of us must avail themselves of
every medical procedure and medication available in order to get more days
checked off on the calendar. For some, every extra day, by whatever means,
is the desired end. For others, maybe every good day, with limited medical
intervention, until the end is the desire. I think, though, that everyone
should be informed as to their options and the consequences of opting in or
out. The rest seems to be a matter of personal choice. So, I guess I'm pro
choice when it comes to this end of life issue. Me, I suffer the prostate
exam and the colonoscopy when my doc offers. I'll use the information
gleaned from those exams to decide my next steps. One more good day on the
water is one more good day on the water!

ive been poked and prodded more in the last ten yeras and there are
somethings i just aint gonna do.

Are you saying you won't have a colonoscopy or a prostate exam, or both?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

wrote:

[...]

aint gonna do no colonoscopy - uh uh - no way.

I bet you are afraid of spiders and mice also.

Pansie. :-)

JohnH

wrote:

[...]

silly.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

wrote:

[...]

nope - smart.

everytime i have a test, something goes wrong.

i aint messing around with it.

Something goes wrong with the test? Get another doctor!

Something wrong is found? Say thanks to your doctor!

Didn't you tell us you had some type of heart procedure done? Wasn't the
problem discovered with a test of some kind?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JimH

. ..

wrote:

[...]

i eat 'em for breakfast.

Pansie. :-)

its pansy - pansy.

And it's "it's" - pansie.

Don White

wrote:

[...]

Tom's a 'pansie'??.... who'da thought!
John Gaquin

"JohnH" wrote in message

aint gonna do no colonoscopy - uh uh - no way.

silly.

Now John, don't be too judgmental. They probably read the same report I
saw. I think it was in Soldier of Fortune, or Tough Guy's Weekly, or one of
those manly periodicals. Seems that if you let a doctor (or anyone else,
for that matter) stick any kind of probe up your butt there's a 57% chance
you'll turn queer. Can't be too careful......... :-)

John Gaquin

"Bryan" wrote in message news:jx5Ff.17706
..

You know, RCE's statement and John's response bring up the subject of more
life at any price. I'm not sure that each of us must avail themselves of
every medical procedure and medication available in order to get more days
checked off on the calendar. For some, every extra day, ...
etc...etc...etc

Please, spare the psycho-prattle. It reduces to nothing more than simple
preventive maintenance. Neither you, nor I, nor they would run a boat
unmonitored and unchecked to catastrophic failure, and it is pure lunacy to
try to justify doing exactly that to yourself.

John Gaquin

"JohnH" wrote in message

A prostrate biopsy is much, much worse!

I agree there, too. That was uncomfortable, for a couple of days.

test Paul Revere ASA 0 December 19th 05 06:25 PM
test the man General 0 November 3rd 05 01:44 PM
test the man Boat Building 0 November 3rd 05 01:44 PM