JohnH

Default OT Stress Test

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:06:42 GMT, "Bryan" wrote:

"RCE" wrote in message
news

"Eddie" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:05:59 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

Could it be much worse than getting your prostate gland checked the old
fashioned way?

I am also very protective of my prostate gland. Believer in the theory
of
"leave well enough alone!"

RCE
A couple of years ago, my doctor said, "it's time" I said, "please,
no, I think I'd rather have a male doctor."
Here's the story. My doctor is young and cute. I chose her only
because our family doctor of over 18 years was retiring. Additionally
I chose her because she had gone to my school. Well, her looks helped
too!
So she looks at me and says "look at my little fingers (holding up her
hand with her fingers spread out) now, would you want a male doctor
whose fingers are twice my size?"
I let her do it.
Eddie

I'd be in deep trouble. I am too young for that.

RCE

It's a tough call between a male doctor and a female doctor. Bottom line
(no pun intended, this time), try different doctors until you find the one
that makes sense for you. I've been in a teaching hospital for 25 years;
It doesn't matter, male or female, as long as they are a good doctor and
you're comfortable with them. Oh yeah, and that goes for ethnic or national
background as well. Just as long as it's not that socialized medicine.
--- Just kidding; just wondering if the Canadians are listening.

My doctor is Korean. Very nice guy. After my last physical, while reading
me the riot act for blood sugar, cholesterol, weight, etc., he asked me
what I was doing for exercise. I told him I walked the dogs every day for
about a half hour.

I then told him I did a lot of fishing and asked if that counted as
exercise.

He, without skipping a beat, asked, "How far can you walk on water?"

Lucky my keyboard wasn't in front of me.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:05:42 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill
and my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had
one
of these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is doing
pretty good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week
at
a fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of
my
heart in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to
that. ;-(

What a temptation to say something...

During my last, very rare visits to a doctor several years ago he
scheduled
me for one of those. I still haven't shown up for it.

RCE

The worst part of a colonoscopy is the 'purging' which must be done the
night before. If you survive that, the actual procedure is a breeze.
--
'Til next time,

John H

That is exactly what I heard John.

My wife had one several years ago and warned me about the purging ordeal.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Don White

Bryan wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Bryan wrote:

"RCE" wrote in message
news

"Eddie" wrote in message
m...

[...]

We're listening... where did you say you live?

I didn't and I'm not going to. You just made me think about something: my
son's best friend's mom is Canadian!

For years we've been planting 'agents' all over the US...especially
California & Florida. Be especially nice to Canadians!
Bryan

"Don White" wrote in message
Bryan wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Bryan wrote:

"RCE" wrote in message
news

"Eddie" wrote in message
om...

[...]

I knowingly met my first Canadians in 1983 in Puerto Vallarta. I joined
some friends for the last half of their vacation and then I stayed for a few
extra days and met my Canadians. The Canadians were easy people to hook up
with; nothing but good times with some good folks. We covered PV pretty
well. I just remembered that trip and those people a couple of months ago.
Good memories.

RCE

"Bryan" wrote in message

I knowingly met my first Canadians in 1983 in Puerto Vallarta. I joined
some friends for the last half of their vacation and then I stayed for a
few extra days and met my Canadians. The Canadians were easy people to
hook up with; nothing but good times with some good folks. We covered PV
pretty well. I just remembered that trip and those people a couple of
months ago. Good memories.

I recently sold a 5th wheel camper to a young lady from Quebec, Canada.
Both my wife and I were impressed with her very polite, friendly and
trusting nature. She went out of her way to make sure we were as comfortable
with the deal as she was. Refreshing, in this day and age.

RCE

John Gaquin

"RCE" wrote in message news:OYmdncPxxqyxE37eRVn-

AAAAHHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGG !!!!

They'll never take me alive.

Never had the test, have you?

John Gaquin

"RCE" wrote in message news:5KqdnUuhe8HnEH7eRVn-

I am also very protective of my prostate gland. Believer in the theory of
"leave well enough alone!"

write that down somewhere so they can engrave it on your headstone.

John Gaquin

"JohnH" wrote in message

The worst part of a colonoscopy is the 'purging' which must be done the
night before. If you survive that, the actual procedure is a breeze.

Second that. Most people, including me, remember exactly nothing about the
procedure itself.

Bryan

"RCE" wrote in message

"Bryan" wrote in message

I knowingly met my first Canadians in 1983 in Puerto Vallarta. I joined
some friends for the last half of their vacation and then I stayed for a
few extra days and met my Canadians. The Canadians were easy people to
hook up with; nothing but good times with some good folks. We covered PV
pretty well. I just remembered that trip and those people a couple of
months ago. Good memories.

I recently sold a 5th wheel camper to a young lady from Quebec, Canada.
Both my wife and I were impressed with her very polite, friendly and
trusting nature. She went out of her way to make sure we were as
comfortable with the deal as she was. Refreshing, in this day and age.

RCE

There was a John Candy movie involving a clandestine military (more like
militia) invasion of Canada. One of the scenes involved the humor
surrounding the politeness of Canadians even as they were being invaded,
captured, and restrained. I sure do miss John Candy (everyone's Uncle
Buck).

I'm sure it could happen, but so far I've never met an unpleasant Canadian.
Then again maybe I should read some archived rec.boats threads to see if
that's really true.

Bryan

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"RCE" wrote in message news:5KqdnUuhe8HnEH7eRVn-

I am also very protective of my prostate gland. Believer in the theory
of "leave well enough alone!"

write that down somewhere so they can engrave it on your headstone.

You know, RCE's statement and John's response bring up the subject of more
life at any price. I'm not sure that each of us must avail themselves of
every medical procedure and medication available in order to get more days
checked off on the calendar. For some, every extra day, by whatever means,
is the desired end. For others, maybe every good day, with limited medical
intervention, until the end is the desire. I think, though, that everyone
should be informed as to their options and the consequences of opting in or
out. The rest seems to be a matter of personal choice. So, I guess I'm pro
choice when it comes to this end of life issue. Me, I suffer the prostate
exam and the colonoscopy when my doc offers. I'll use the information
gleaned from those exams to decide my next steps. One more good day on the
water is one more good day on the water!

test Paul Revere ASA 0 December 19th 05 06:25 PM
test the man General 0 November 3rd 05 01:44 PM
test the man Boat Building 0 November 3rd 05 01:44 PM