JimH

Default OT Stress Test

"RCE" wrote in message

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:05:42 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the
treadmill
and my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had
one
of these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is
doing
pretty good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week
at
a fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of
my
heart in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to
that. ;-(

What a temptation to say something...

During my last, very rare visits to a doctor several years ago he
scheduled
me for one of those. I still haven't shown up for it.

lol!!

me either.....

Boy, I guess both of you *showed* them. ;-)

Not a fun thing to do, especially if you have a hairy chest. But better
to know the condition of your heart before it's too late.

Huh? It's not my hairy chest nor the condition of my heart that concerns
me.

RCE

I thought you were talking about the stress test. ;-)

Don White

RCE wrote:

JimH wrote:

I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill
and my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had
one of these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is
doing pretty good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week
at a fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health
of my heart in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to
that. ;-(

What a temptation to say something...

During my last, very rare visits to a doctor several years ago he
scheduled me for one of those. I still haven't shown up for it.

RCE

I had my first one this year, due to a bout of Diverticulitis.

It was easier than getting my teeth cleaned. I went to sleep in the
"procedure room" and woke up in the recovery room.

The only complaint I had was I felt like someone owed me a dinner and a
movie.

--
Reggie

LOL! and nooooooooo way.

RCE

Could it be much worse than getting your prostate gland checked the old
fashioned way?
Bryan

JimH wrote:
[...]

I think he's referring to the colonoscopy.

Bryan

JimH wrote:
[...]

The next question, preferably to remain unanswered, is how much shaving to
do for the colonscopy! : )
You know you're in trouble when they call in one of those girls from Jamaica
to braid your hair before they can scope you.

RCE

JimH wrote:

[...]

I am also very protective of my prostate gland. Believer in the theory of
"leave well enough alone!"

RCE

Bryan

JimH wrote:

[...]

That's the problem..... where's Tom going to get a heart they can test?

hey!!!!!

Don't worry, Tom.
There's this guy I know, lives behind a curtain. Just run an errand or two
for him and he'll get you a heart.

RCE

. net...

JimH wrote:
[...]

AAAAHHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGG !!!!

They'll never take me alive.

RCE

Bryan

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:12:31 GMT, "Bryan"
wrote:

Another patient being assessed for heart function demonstrated excellent
aerobic capacity and his only physical activity is a 30 minute walk twice
day with his dog.

15 minutes on a stress test, great bp, yada, yada, yada...

doc sent me in for a baseline angiogram adn they found right coronary
artery blocked 80%. placed a stent.

just goes to show you...

That each test, each bit of information, is just one piece of a complicated
puzzle!

JimH

"Eddie" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:05:59 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

Could it be much worse than getting your prostate gland checked the old
fashioned way?

I am also very protective of my prostate gland. Believer in the theory of
"leave well enough alone!"

RCE

A couple of years ago, my doctor said, "it's time" I said, "please,
no, I think I'd rather have a male doctor."
Here's the story. My doctor is young and cute. I chose her only
because our family doctor of over 18 years was retiring. Additionally
I chose her because she had gone to my school. Well, her looks helped
too!
So she looks at me and says "look at my little fingers (holding up her
hand with her fingers spread out) now, would you want a male doctor
whose fingers are twice my size?"
I let her do it.
Eddie

My doctor has *big* fingers and lets me know so every year during my
physical. :-(

RCE

"Eddie" wrote in message
[...]

I'd be in deep trouble. I am too young for that.

RCE

test Paul Revere ASA 0 December 19th 05 06:25 PM
test the man General 0 November 3rd 05 01:44 PM
test the man Boat Building 0 November 3rd 05 01:44 PM