JimH

Default OT Stress Test

I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill and
my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had one of
these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is doing pretty
good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week at a
fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of my heart
in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to that.
;-(

JimH

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill
and my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had one
of these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is doing
pretty good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week at
a fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of my
heart in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to
that. ;-(

What a temptation to say something...

Hey, I will send you pictures of next Friday's test if you keep it up. ;-)

RCE

JimH wrote:
I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill
and my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had one
of these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is doing
pretty good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week at
a fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of my
heart in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to
that. ;-(

What a temptation to say something...

During my last, very rare visits to a doctor several years ago he scheduled
me for one of those. I still haven't shown up for it.

RCE

Bryan

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..
I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill and
my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had one of
these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is doing pretty
good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week at a
fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of my
heart in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to that.
;-(

I guided a patient through a long series of pulmonary diagnostic tests and
when he was done he said, "That wasn't too bad; better than a colonoscopy!"

Another patient being assessed for heart function demonstrated excellent
aerobic capacity and his only physical activity is a 30 minute walk twice a
day with his dog.

Keep up the good work; it's surprising how little it takes to maintain good
general health. And 10 minutes on a stress test protocol isn't too shabby.
Prevention and maintenance, just like with the boats (now it's on topic),
pays big. With big pay offs especially noticeable in the later years; sort
of like a choice between a painful crawl to the finish line or a pleasant
jog.

Bryan

JimH

JimH wrote:
I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill
and my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had
one
of these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is doing
pretty good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week
at
a fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of
my
heart in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to
that. ;-(

What a temptation to say something...

During my last, very rare visits to a doctor several years ago he
scheduled
me for one of those. I still haven't shown up for it.

lol!!

me either.....

Boy, I guess both of you *showed* them. ;-)

Not a fun thing to do, especially if you have a hairy chest. But better to
know the condition of your heart before it's too late.

RCE

JimH wrote:
[...]

Huh? It's not my hairy chest nor the condition of my heart that concerns
me.

RCE

Reggie Smithers

JimH wrote:
I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill
and my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had one
of these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is doing
pretty good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week at
a fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of my
heart in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to
that. ;-(

What a temptation to say something...

During my last, very rare visits to a doctor several years ago he scheduled
me for one of those. I still haven't shown up for it.

RCE

I had my first one this year, due to a bout of Diverticulitis.

It was easier than getting my teeth cleaned. I went to sleep in the
"procedure room" and woke up in the recovery room.

The only complaint I had was I felt like someone owed me a dinner and a
movie.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Don White

JimH wrote:
I had a stress test this morning....lasted 14 minutes on the treadmill and
my heart was assessed to be in great condition. If you ever had one of
these tests you will know that lasting more than 10 minutes is doing pretty
good.

I walk 30-35 minutes on the treadmill or outside at least 5 days/week at a
fairly brisk rate (3.9 mph) and the doctor attributed the health of my heart
in part to that activity.

Next Friday is a colonoscopy..........oh how I am looking forward to that.
;-(

I just dusted off my PaceMaster treadmill and do 35 minute workouts 3
days a week. Now I have to do the same with my Bowflex Ultimate.
Too much money tied up in them to use as dust catchers.
RCE

JimH wrote:
[...]

LOL! and nooooooooo way.

RCE

Don White

JimH wrote:

[...]

That's the problem..... where's Tom going to get a heart they can test?

test Paul Revere ASA 0 December 19th 05 06:25 PM
test the man General 0 November 3rd 05 01:44 PM
test the man Boat Building 0 November 3rd 05 01:44 PM