Smithers

Default Christmas / Chanukah

Bill,
It is only new if you are replacing your old one. If it is your first one,
it is just a SOSpender. I sure am glad I was able to correct this before
you made this same mistake with others. ; )

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message
Bill,
Why new ones? I would think you would only have to replace the cylinders
every few years. Since the working part is never exposed to UV I would
think they would last for as long as you would.

Cause I have none now and do not want a used one, so therefore new
Sospenders.

Smithers

Gene,
This post would be more effective if you spoke English.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:43:16 -0500, "Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not
my real name. wrote:

I plan on updating my stereo system on the boat, so I can play my IPOD
through the system, and have some nice speakers in the cabin.

I'll probably treat myself to a 2m/440 radio with built in TNC to run
APRS on the truck, boat, and A/C! Whatcha think, Tom?

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

JohnH

I'm tellin' ya...they're talkin' 'bout SUSpenders.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:55:29 -0500, "Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote:

Gene,
This post would be more effective if you spoke English.

.. .
my real name. wrote:

I plan on updating my stereo system on the boat, so I can play my IPOD
through the system, and have some nice speakers in the cabin.

I'll probably treat myself to a 2m/440 radio with built in TNC to run
APRS on the truck, boat, and A/C! Whatcha think, Tom?

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
~~~ ~~~~~~
~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
~~~~ }((((o ~~~~~~ }{{{{o ~~~~~~~

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
Wayne.B

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:13:53 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

I'll probably treat myself to a 2m/440 radio with built in TNC to run
APRS on the truck, boat, and A/C! Whatcha think, Tom?

====================================

Sounds good to me. Does anyone actually make one that has NMEA 182
GPS inputs?

Don White

Smithers wrote:
JOhnH,
that is SOS not SUS.

Don't feel bad John. I like suspenders for 'working pants'...where you
want the waist relaxed for bending etc. I can't convince the wife to
sew all those little buttons on a couple pair so I use the type with the
metal teeth.

JohnH

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:28:21 GMT, Don White wrote:

Smithers wrote:
JOhnH,
that is SOS not SUS.

Don't feel bad John. I like suspenders for 'working pants'...where you
want the waist relaxed for bending etc. I can't convince the wife to
sew all those little buttons on a couple pair so I use the type with the
metal teeth.

I'm gonna buy my own. Hell with 'em.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
JimH

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message
news
Does anyone have a favorite boating toy they are hoping will be under the
Christmas Tree or Menorah?

Since I don't trust anyone to buy what I want, I normally have a box with
assorted hot sauces and a sweater under the tree. I then go shopping
after Christmas at deep discounts.

I plan on updating my stereo system on the boat, so I can play my IPOD
through the system, and have some nice speakers in the cabin.

Everything I plan to get will be after Christmas and closer to Spring.

This includes:

1. New bolster type helm seat and adjustable pedestal
2. New carpeting
3. Bimini (high enough to stand up under while driving)
4. Portable rechargeable battery charger/jumper
5. AM/FM/CD player (replacing the cassette player currently in the boat).

I am also taking the sunpad and 2 cushions to an upholstery shop to be
recovered.

This has been my plan since buying the boat last summer, with these projects
planned in Spring. The helm seat and sink/ice box was already torn out
before I put the boat to bed for the winter.

Believe it or not...........it is still technically fall even though the
ground is covered with snow and temperatures have been in the single
digits......

This is going to be a long winter. :-(

Don White

Smithers wrote:

JOhnH,
that is SOS not SUS.

Don't feel bad John. I like suspenders for 'working pants'...where you
want the waist relaxed for bending etc. I can't convince the wife to
sew all those little buttons on a couple pair so I use the type with the
metal teeth.

I'm gonna buy my own. Hell with 'em.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

I found they come in different lengths, so try 'em out before you leave
the store...
Smithers one of 1000's

JimH,
When is it boating season in your neck of the woods?. We normally have the
boat recommissioned the first weekend after April 15th. By May, the weather
is perfect for quiet days on the lake. It isn't till Memorial Day that the
lake becomes busy.

" JimH" wrote in message

[...]

Eisboch

" JimH" wrote in message

I am also taking the sunpad and 2 cushions to an upholstery shop to be
recovered.

If you are planning on taking them to a shop that specializes in "marine"
upholstery, you better get the pad and cushions down there now if you want
any chance of getting them back by spring. Experience talking here.

Eisboch

Corrupt liberal media fails to cover the news [email protected] General 54 December 12th 05 08:24 PM
not boating at Christmas? Jim Carter General 1 December 10th 05 01:07 AM
Christmas Cheer! Bob Crantz ASA 0 December 3rd 05 09:20 PM
OT The Truth About Anti-Christmas [email protected] General 3 December 2nd 05 07:24 PM