JimH

Default Christmas / Chanukah

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message
news
Does anyone have a favorite boating toy they are hoping will be under the
Christmas Tree or Menorah?

Since I don't trust anyone to buy what I want, I normally have a box with
assorted hot sauces and a sweater under the tree. I then go shopping
after Christmas at deep discounts.

I plan on updating my stereo system on the boat, so I can play my IPOD
through the system, and have some nice speakers in the cabin.

Everything I plan to get will be after Christmas and closer to Spring.

This includes:

1. New bolster type helm seat and adjustable pedestal
2. New carpeting
3. Bimini (high enough to stand up under while driving)
4. Portable rechargeable battery charger/jumper
5. AM/FM/CD player (replacing the cassette player currently in the boat).

I am also taking the sunpad and 2 cushions to an upholstery shop to be
recovered.

This has been my plan since buying the boat last summer, with these projects
planned in Spring. The helm seat and sink/ice box was already torn out
before I put the boat to bed for the winter.

Believe it or not...........it is still technically fall even though the
ground is covered with snow and temperatures have been in the single
digits......

This is going to be a long winter. :-(