BoatBanter.com

-   -   Christmas / Chanukah (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/64305-christmas-chanukah.html)

Smithers December 19th 05 03:43 PM

Christmas / Chanukah

Does anyone have a favorite boating toy they are hoping will be under the
Christmas Tree or Menorah?

Since I don't trust anyone to buy what I want, I normally have a box with
assorted hot sauces and a sweater under the tree. I then go shopping after
Christmas at deep discounts.

I plan on updating my stereo system on the boat, so I can play my IPOD
through the system, and have some nice speakers in the cabin.

Dan J.S. December 19th 05 04:01 PM

Christmas / Chanukah

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message
Does anyone have a favorite boating toy they are hoping will be under the
Christmas Tree or Menorah?

Since I don't trust anyone to buy what I want, I normally have a box with
assorted hot sauces and a sweater under the tree. I then go shopping
after Christmas at deep discounts.

I plan on updating my stereo system on the boat, so I can play my IPOD
through the system, and have some nice speakers in the cabin.

A GPS enabled fishing rod. This device will actually cast where those little
fishes show up.

I hope Dean Kamen that developed the hugely successful Segway develops this
fishing rod.

Smithers December 19th 05 04:14 PM

Christmas / Chanukah

Dan,
Is that comment about the Segway, made tongue in cheek? I certainly hope
so. ; )

Smithers December 19th 05 10:52 PM

Christmas / Chanukah

Bill,
Why new ones? I would think you would only have to replace the cylinders
every few years. Since the working part is never exposed to UV I would
think they would last for as long as you would.

nk.net...

Bill McKee December 20th 05 12:03 AM

Christmas / Chanukah

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message
Bill,
Why new ones? I would think you would only have to replace the cylinders
every few years. Since the working part is never exposed to UV I would
think they would last for as long as you would.

Cause I have none now and do not want a used one, so therefore new
Sospenders.

JohnH December 20th 05 12:08 AM

Christmas / Chanukah

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:43:22 GMT, "Bill McKee" wrote:

"Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote in message
Does anyone have a favorite boating toy they are hoping will be under the
Christmas Tree or Menorah?

Since I don't trust anyone to buy what I want, I normally have a box with
assorted hot sauces and a sweater under the tree. I then go shopping
after Christmas at deep discounts.

I plan on updating my stereo system on the boat, so I can play my IPOD
through the system, and have some nice speakers in the cabin.

New SOSpenders.

For the past five or so years I've asked for suspenders. My wife and both daughters just roll their
eyes and tell me I'm not going to dress like a hick.

Hell, I'm sick of belts!
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

Smithers December 20th 05 12:26 AM

Christmas / Chanukah

JOhnH,
that is SOS not SUS.

JohnH December 20th 05 12:47 AM

Christmas / Chanukah

I thought GMTA?

Wrong again. Darn, now my face is all red.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:26:06 -0500, "Smithers" Yes, Smithers is not my real name. wrote:

JOhnH,
that is SOS not SUS.

.. .