Default Yo!! Thunder...

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
I told you Fitzgerald has squat.

http://tinyurl.com/7h9rt

Fitzgerald had two years and came up with bupkus - a perjury and
obstruction indictment against one person on a case where no crime has
been committed. Apparently, it never occurred to Fitzgerald to check
with other journalists to see if they had heard of Plame and her
association with the CIA.

Fitzmas my ass.

Oh, not so fast:

Just when you thought Fitzgerald was out, he pulls us back in. On
Monday, "Washington Post Assistant Managing Editor Bob Woodward
testified under oath Monday in the CIA leak case that a senior
administration official told him about CIA operative Valerie Plame and
her position at the agency nearly a month before her identity was
disclosed." Woodward "refused to disclose the official's name or
provide crucial details about the testimony." Special Counsel Patrick
Fitzgerald sought testimony from Woodward after the unnamed source told
Fitzgerald about the previously undisclosed conversation on November 3.
Demonstrating a level of cooperation with his own newspaper reminiscent
of Judy Miller, Woodward "would not answer any questions, including
those not governed by his confidentiality agreement with sources."
While the details of Woodward's testimony are murky, one thing is
clear: Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald's investigation is far from
over. Fitzgerald is still pursuing the case very actively and senior
administration officials, including Karl Rove, remain in legal
jeopardy.

WHITE HOUSE RULES DON'T APPLY TO ROVE: On July 11, 2005, White House
Press Secretary Scott McClellan said "those overseeing the
investigation expressed a preference to us that we not get into
commenting on the investigation while it's ongoing. And that was what
they requested of the White House." Apparently, Karl Rove is ignoring
those orders. Rove's spokesperson, Mark Corallo, said yesterday that
"Rove is not the unnamed official who told Woodward about Plame and
that he did not discuss Plame with Woodward."

FORMER INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS CALL FOR ROVE'S SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE
REVOKED: Knight Ridder reports that "sixteen former CIA and military
intelligence officials yesterday urged President Bush to suspend the
security clearance of his top political adviser, Karl Rove." In a
letter to the President, the former officials wrote: "We are asking
that you immediately suspend the clearances of all White House
personnel who spoke to reporters about [Wilson's] affiliation with the
CIA. They have mishandled classified information and no longer deserve
the level of trust required to have access to this nation's secrets."
They also urged the President "to make clear that he wouldn't pardon
anyone who is convicted in the outing of Wilson."

PRIOR TO DISCLOSURE, WOODWARD WAS AN AGGRESSIVE, ANTI-FITZGERALD
COMMENTATOR: This is the first time Woodward has publicly disclosed his
role in the leak scandal. (He didn't even tell his own editor until
last month.) But that didn't stop him from taking to the airwaves to
attack Patrick Fitzgerald and his investigation. He has called
Fitzgerald a "junkyard-dog prosecutor." This summer on NPR, Woodward
said, "When I think all of the facts come out in this case, it's going
to be laughable because the consequences are not that great."

SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP: Bob Woodward claims that, in June of 2003, "I
told Walter Pincus, a reporter at The Post, without naming my source,
that I understood Wilson's wife worked at the CIA as a WMD analyst."
Pincus, however, "said he does not recall Woodward telling him that."
Asked about Woodward's recollection in an interview with the Post,
Pincus said "Are you kidding? I certainly would have remembered that."

Skipper

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
I told you Fitzgerald has squat.

http://tinyurl.com/7h9rt

Fitzgerald had two years and came up with bupkus - a perjury and
obstruction indictment against one person on a case where no crime has
been committed. Apparently, it never occurred to Fitzgerald to check
with other journalists to see if they had heard of Plame and her
association with the CIA.

Fitzmas my ass.

Oh, not so fast:

While the details of Woodward's testimony are murky, one thing is
clear: Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald's investigation is far from
over. Fitzgerald is still pursuing the case very actively and senior
administration officials, including Karl Rove, remain in legal
jeopardy.

Yes, the radical elements of our society are out to damage this country
in any way they can. That is a given.

WHITE HOUSE RULES DON'T APPLY TO ROVE

FORMER INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS CALL FOR ROVE'S SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE
REVOKED: Knight Ridder reports that "sixteen former CIA and military
intelligence officials yesterday urged President Bush to suspend the
security clearance of his top political adviser

Yes, we understand there have been leftist elements infiltrated into the
State Department, CIA, and other government agencies. They hate George
Bush and real Americans.

PRIOR TO DISCLOSURE, WOODWARD WAS AN AGGRESSIVE, ANTI-FITZGERALD
COMMENTATOR

Not true.

SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP: Bob Woodward claims that, in June of 2003, "I
told Walter Pincus, a reporter at The Post, without naming my source,
that I understood Wilson's wife worked at the CIA as a WMD analyst."
Pincus, however, "said he does not recall Woodward telling him that."
Asked about Woodward's recollection in an interview with the Post,
Pincus said "Are you kidding? I certainly would have remembered that."

You say his name is Pincus? I don't trust him to tell the truth.

--
Skipper
Skipper

P Fritz wrote:

[...]

So when will Fitz indict either Woodward or Pincus for lying or obstruction
of justice?

Fitz must please those screamin' hordes of radicals out to get Bush and
real Americans any way they can. He might just make a case against
Woodward for cheating at marbles in the 6th grade next.

--
Skipper
NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
I told you Fitzgerald has squat.

http://tinyurl.com/7h9rt

Fitzgerald had two years and came up with bupkus - a perjury and
obstruction indictment against one person on a case where no crime has
been committed. Apparently, it never occurred to Fitzgerald to check
with other journalists to see if they had heard of Plame and her
association with the CIA.

Fitzmas my ass.

Oh, not so fast:

Just when you thought Fitzgerald was out, he pulls us back in. On
Monday, "Washington Post Assistant Managing Editor Bob Woodward
testified under oath Monday in the CIA leak case that a senior
administration official told him about CIA operative Valerie Plame and
her position at the agency nearly a month before her identity was
disclosed."

Woodward also says that he discussed Plame's identity with Washington Post
journalist Walter Pincus before the Novak article.

I don't know if Pincus testified before the grand jury or not...but if he
did, then he should be facing a perjury indictment on the heels of the
Woodward testimony. Of course, if Pincus lied, then that sort of blows away
the Fitgerald theory that Plame's name wasn't widely known among reporters
prior to Libby discussing it with Judith Miller.

Watch for Pincus's name in the news over the next couple of weeks.

NOYB

"Skipper" wrote in message

SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP: Bob Woodward claims that, in June of 2003, "I
told Walter Pincus, a reporter at The Post, without naming my source,
that I understood Wilson's wife worked at the CIA as a WMD analyst."
Pincus, however, "said he does not recall Woodward telling him that."
Asked about Woodward's recollection in an interview with the Post,
Pincus said "Are you kidding? I certainly would have remembered that."

You say his name is Pincus? I don't trust him to tell the truth.

I told you guys about Kristof and Pincus a couple of weeks ago! I believe
Wilson discussed his wife's identity with both of them in early May...about
5 weeks before Libby found out that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA.

NOYB

"P Fritz" wrote in message

"Skipper" wrote in message
[...]

Did Pincus already testify before the grand jury? If so, he's sunk.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Skipper wrote:
[...]

You don't trust someone with the last name of Pincus? Because...???

Because he's a partisan hack who operates under the guise of a "reporter" at
the Washington Post.

Skipper

NOYB wrote:

I don't know if Pincus testified before the grand jury or not...but if he
did, then he should be facing a perjury indictment on the heels of the
Woodward testimony. Of course, if Pincus lied, then that sort of blows away
the Fitgerald theory that Plame's name wasn't widely known among reporters
prior to Libby discussing it with Judith Miller.

Watch for Pincus's name in the news over the next couple of weeks.

Do you REALLY expect to see Pincus's name in the eastern liberal press?

--
Skipper
P Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
.net...

"P Fritz" wrote in message

"Skipper" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know if he testified to a G.J., but he was apparently questioned by
Fitz.......which would warrant a obstruction charge.

Skipper

NOYB wrote:

Skipper wrote:

You say his name is Pincus? I don't trust him to tell the truth.

I told you guys about Kristof and Pincus a couple of weeks ago! I believe
Wilson discussed his wife's identity with both of them in early May...about
5 weeks before Libby found out that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA.

You really should forgive those of us that are middle-of-the-road
politically. We just don't pay much attention to political commentary in
this NG anymore. Raving Looney Leftist zealots like Krause have many of
us turning off *all* political posts. Your wise advisory seems to have
been the victim here. I'll be paying much better attention to your wise
words in the future.

--
Skipper

Yo!! Thunder... *JimH* General 25 November 17th 05 12:18 AM
Yo!! Thunder... thunder General 0 November 16th 05 12:36 PM