Harry Krause

Default Disappointment

Gould 0738 wrote:

Using your supposed Seattle figure to represent the entire country is
unusual. I don't know anyone from Seattle who will admit that Seattle is
typical of the country in any way at all. :-)

A fact for which we are probably *both* grateful. :-)

Our gay and lesbian populations are higher
in the more progressive cities on the W Coast because our greater tolerance for
diversity inspires many of them to move out here. There are probably some towns
in the midwest and the south where there are no (surviving) homosexuals. (OK,
it's probably not really as bad as that sentence suggested)

Hey! We enjoyed some Seattle weather July 4th weekend in Virginia Beach.
Reasonably cool (well for short periods), clouded over, rainy, a little
fog. I kept look for the Gould tug...

Well...it looked like Seattle weather...but the water temp was nearly 80F.

Gould 0738

Well...it looked like Seattle weather...but the water temp was nearly 80F.

80 degreee water?!

Good grief.

The *air* seldom gets that hot in any "proper" climate. :-)
jps

In article . net,
says...

Gay marriage won't determine whether homosexually exists or not. However,
it will only be one more thing thing that will help it to flourish. Homos
are happy accomplishing their goal in baby steps.

My God you're dense. How the hell did you get through school? Homos
aren't interested in making the world homosexual, they simply want the
same freedoms the rest of the population is granted. Freedom from
institutionalized prejudice.

They have already managed
to bring the issue front-and-center and get a large portion of the
population to "accept" it. They make movies, documentaries, sitcoms, etc.
that bombard us every day with the idea of "accepting" homosexuality.

"They've" is another fallacy. "They're" not all organized to get us to
accept their lifestyle. "They" want acceptance for what they are, just
like Arabs, Jews, Christians, Black, Red, White, Green.

At least you are honest enough to say that your real agenda is to somehow
eliminate homosexuality. (You could give a rip about marriage.)

I'd love to eliminate homosexuality. Personally, I think it's a lifestyle
*choice*, rather than something you're born with. It's a psychological
disease that should be listed among the personality disorders.

Perhaps Hitler could give you a few good ideas about how to eliminate
homosexuality. Mother Nature probably wouldn't support your ideas.

There's a boy in our neighborhood who came out that way. I've known him
since he was born. He didn't lick anything up off the floor or get
indoctrinated by the television or radio and share his environment with
a large and extended family that has no other gay people. He's 6 and so
obviously gay it's ridiculous.

That's Mother Nature at work, not "lifestyle *choice*."

The other good one I hear from the right on this issue is the AIDS

argument.
"Gays
spread AIDS and other diseases, and if we allow them to marry our health

care
costs
will go through the roof." What a crock.

Gays *do* spread AIDs and other sexually transmitted diseases at a much
higher rate *proportionately* than heterosexuals. Letting them marry won't
raise the rate of AIDS...unless more kids grow up to be gay because their
"parents" were gay.

You silly dweeb. If you're in a legally committed relationship, you're
far less likely to stray and spread, no?

jps
Don White

I wonder if the fine citizens of 'Key West' or 'South Beach' know about
Dr. No and his phobias?

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:
I wonder if the fine citizens of 'Key West' or 'South Beach' know about
Dr. No and his phobias?

Why do you think he's scared ****less of publishing any identifying
material?

Bert Robbins

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
bb wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:52:06 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Civilizations rise and fall for many reasons, Nobby. Ours in this
country is falling, but not because of homosexuality.

So their is no question about Bush's sexuality then?

bb

I heard the twins were the result of immaculate deception...

Virgin birth...

Bert Robbins

John Gaquin wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I still cannot figure out why the Fundie Repugs believe "same-sex
marriage" is a threat to heterosexual marriage.

You can figure it out, Harry -- you just claim you can't. Perceived

threat
to any individual heterosexual marriage is not the main issue. The

issue
seems to be what you might call the fabric of society. In one or two
Scandinavian countries (can't recall which, and don't have the data in

front
of me) which have legalized and accepted homosexual marriage for 2 or 3
decades, the incidence of marriage in general has dropped precipitously.
Some 60% of first births are now to single women.

So? Are you saying the drop in marriage results from allowing gay
marriage? If that is the case, perhaps gay marriage isn't deviant, eh?

Homosexual marriage is deviant and abnormal.

About 50% of the marriages in this country end in divorce, and I suspect
a high percentages of those divorces result in single parent families.

The divorce rate reaching 50% is due to the preceeding idiotic idea of no
fault divorces.

The question is why a society of some 300 million people should redefine

an
entire societal structure in order to accommodate the sensibilities of

3% of
that population. It's a thorny issue, and I vacillate myself.

I don't see it as redefinition as much as inclusion.

If they want to be included they can join in with the majority of society's
norms.

NOYB

"jps" wrote in message

There's a boy in our neighborhood who came out that way. I've known him
since he was born. He didn't lick anything up off the floor or get
indoctrinated by the television or radio and share his environment with
a large and extended family that has no other gay people. He's 6 and so
obviously gay it's ridiculous.

He's 6? How the hell do you figure he's "gay" at age 6? Do you mean to say
he's "effeminate". That's a far cry from being a homosexual. Perhaps once
he hits puberty, his hormone levels will make him more masculine and his
start liking girls. If not, his doctor can supplement with meds.

That's Mother Nature at work, not "lifestyle *choice*."

Bull****. If he's effeminate, then that's Mother Nature. If he ends up
liking other men, then that's a lifestyle *choice*.

The other good one I hear from the right on this issue is the AIDS

argument.
"Gays
spread AIDS and other diseases, and if we allow them to marry our

health
care
costs
will go through the roof." What a crock.

Gays *do* spread AIDs and other sexually transmitted diseases at a much
higher rate *proportionately* than heterosexuals. Letting them marry

won't
raise the rate of AIDS...unless more kids grow up to be gay because

their
"parents" were gay.

You silly dweeb. If you're in a legally committed relationship, you're
far less likely to stray and spread, no?

Yup. Those in the relationship are less likely to spread diseases. But if
you raise kids in a gay household, I'd venture to say that it's more likely
the kids will be gay. When those kids grow up, there's a high likelihood
that they'll have more sexual partners on average than heterosexuals...and
statistically, homosexual sex spreads more STD's (and AIDS) than
heterosexual sex.

NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message

I wonder if the fine citizens of 'Key West' or 'South Beach' know about
Dr. No and his phobias?

I won't go to South Beach anymore. I've driven there a couple of times
during the day when I was in Miami or Key Biscayne...but mostly to drive
down the strip looking at the women in g-strings. I once had to get out to
use the public restroom by the beach. Big mistake. I walked in, and there
were 9 guys in there, two of whom were kissing. There was **** on the
floor, glory holes in the dividers, and "call 555-5555 for a BJ" on the
walls. I walked right out, and and crossed the street to use the restroom
in the Irish Pub across the street. I decided I'd never visit South Beach
again.

I've only been to Key West once...as a stopover on a cruise ship. I really
don't go to even the northern keys much because my kids are too young to
enjoy it. I'm sure I'll take my boat down to Galleon when the kids get a
little older. From there, I'll hop over to the Tortugas for some fishing.

Personally, I'm pretty darn happy in Southwest Florida. Most of the people
here are from the Midwest, and have Midwestern conservative values...rather
than the NY/NJ liberal attitude that's prevalent on the East Coast of
Florida. We do have a large number of people from Massachusetts, however.